Do you know that your nursing career needs watering all the time?

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Just as the soil needs watering, tilling and manure, so does your nursing career. You shouldn't at any point allow your nursing career go dry. Nurse Ofejiro Urhefe post on retirement plan inspired me to write this. They are nurses who are just comfortable with their current position and advancing is a NO for them. As a nurse who is passionate and hungry for a shift, you need to have interest in learning and the desire to grow.

Keep your nursing career flourishing and growing by staying connected with your passion. Make conscious effort to nurture and feed your career. Some of us do not really know what we have, so many people envy us and wants to be in the system badly.

We've spent time, resources and energy becoming a nurse, why waste it away by turning in circles, I know that life can get in our way sometimes, we have children, parents, bills and even debts to take care of.

I hear some body ask, how do I water my career?
Connect and network with like minded professionals and colleagues. Colleagues who will give you insight about your career, get to know what other colleagues are doing, stay up to date about what is happening in the profession. Nurses have email account, but do not know what to do with it, subscribe to daily post, newsletters and blogs surrounding your career. I was in shock the other day that a young nurse in this 21st century didn't know that NMCN and NANNM hosted a virtual conference. Many nurses still do not know how to use zoom app, the last virtual meeting held exposed that. In another news, a senior nurse boldly ask if Nurses week is still celebrated and what is the need for celebration.
Keep learning nurses!

Attend conferences, webinars, read articles, blog and posts. Listen to podcasts and engage meaningfully. Learning will open your mind and keep you informed with new trends in nursing.

Health care is changing!
Nursing is changing!
Keep your nursing career in pace!
Franca Nyambi
(City Nurse)
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
pugnip
Reactions:
Years of practice: 1

Re: Do you know that your nursing career needs watering all the time?

Unread post by pugnip »

Great post but I was wondering if you could write a little more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Thanks in advance! lumi led lights
ASDF123
Reactions:

Unread post by ASDF123 »

I got too much interesting stuff on your blog. I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work. Hv making news
ASDF123
Reactions:

Unread post by ASDF123 »

Some truly wonderful work on behalf of the owner of this internet site , perfectly great articles . sebesinfo.ro
ASDF123
Reactions:

Unread post by ASDF123 »

Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information. best delta 8 gummies
Queenet
Head Nurse
Head Nurse
Reactions:

Unread post by Queenet »

Inspire Your Colleague to Join Your Nurse Specialty
With an increasing shortage of nurses in Nigeria and many foreign countries now, it's more important than ever to encourage students and nurse colleagues to consider your nursing specialty. If you're an RN with specialty and loves what you do, you can inspire potential new nurses to enter this rewarding field by;
Students and nurse colleagues searching for promising non-bed career options are often inspired by people they know. Sometimes, they're drawn by personal stories and tales of life on the job. Other times, they're inspired by their own experiences with nurses as a patient or as the family member of a patient.

By sharing your experience and making yourself available to answer questions, you can help potential nursing students and nurse colleagues understand the ins and outs of this challenging and rewarding field of the profession.
"Changing how the world thinks about nursing".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic