How can School nurses contribute to reducing health problems

Tell us about your experience in nursing. What is your specialty and where are you from?
Let's get to know each other
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

How can School nurses contribute to reducing health problems

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Are we really satisfied with the extent to which school nursing is being practiced in Nigeria? I mean the extent to which nurses are involved in school health programmes in Nigeria? There are many issues to be resolved in both primary and secondary educational institutions as far as health of the school children and adolescents are concerned. Many empirical studies have shown that there are still many grounds to be covered. Data abound on mirage of health and behavioural problems among school children and adolescents in Nigeria.

Studies conducted among adolescents in secondary schools have shown a high level of deficiency in knowledge of management of primary dysmennorrhea, incorrect perception of family violence, high prevalence rate of unwanted pregnancy and induced abortions which are performed in an unsafe environment, use of unconventional methods of emergency contraception among others.

What is the way forward, how can school nurses contribute their quota to reducing behavioral and health problems among school children and adolescents in Nigeria?
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
JulieMo
Reactions:
Years of practice: 8

Re: How can School nurses contribute to reducing health prob

Unread post by JulieMo »

I just joined this group and this piece of article caught my attention.

The role of school nurses in promoting a healthy school community can not be over emphasised. The school nurse has a significant role to play in the lives of the students, staff and parents.

Effectively, school nursing is a great platform for passionate and innovative nurses to harness their potentials.

School nurses shouldn't just sit and wait for sick or injured children to come knocking on the clinic door, they have to be proactive and creative!

Well, I have worked as a school nurse and my experience was awesome. Now, I consult on school nursing or health services.

To be more resourceful as a school nurse, you can enroll for our SCHOOL NURSE BASIC COURSE in Lagos this November. Trust me, working in a school as a nurse is something you will enjoy!

For more information on the course, please call: JulieMo- 07037160615.

Invest in yourselves as nurses, this is a profession with limtless opportunities!
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Re: How can School nurses contribute to reducing health prob

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

SCHOOL NURSE BASIC COURSE
basic.jpg
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
john_volonteer
Reactions:
Years of practice: 3

Re: How can School nurses contribute to reducing health problems

Unread post by john_volonteer »

Its great idea to do this
Alexa1994
Reactions:
Years of practice: 1

Re: How can School nurses contribute to reducing health problems

Unread post by Alexa1994 »

School nurses share the knowledge and learning with seniors and do volunteer work as much as they can in their free time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic