What are the Health and Care Worker visa requirements?

N&MCN, NANNM News Release and Admission News
User avatar
Kunle Emmanuel
Posts: 3159
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:02 pm
Years of practice: 20
Location: Lagos

What are the Health and Care Worker visa requirements?

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

The Health and Care visa applicants have to meet all the relevant criteria under the Skilled Worker visa route, which are:

Have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from a UK licensed sponsor
Have the offer of a qualifying job that meets the relevant salary threshold
In some cases, to have sufficient personal savings so that you can support yourself on arrival in the UK
Have a good working knowledge of the English language
Be able to show that you can travel, as well as providing your travel history over the preceding 5 years
Have valid tuberculosis test results, if you are from a listed country
Be able to provide a criminal record certificate from any country where you have lived for 12 months or more within the last 10 years, if you will be working with vulnerable people as a healthcare professional.

As part of the eligibility criteria, you will need to meet the salary requirement, which is to either over the minimum salary threshold or the appropriate rate for the job you have been offered, whichever is higher.

Some applicants will also have to evidence that they can financially support themselves. If you are applying from overseas, you must prove you have had £1,270 in your bank account for at least 28 consecutive days. Day 28 must be within 31 days of the date you applied for your visa. You will be exempt from this financial requirement if you are applying from within the UK and have held a valid visa for at least 12 months, or if your employer can cover your costs for the first month you are in the country.

As a prospective employee, your new employer will be responsible for informing you that you are eligible for the Health and Care Worker visa. In this way, you will be able to correctly complete the visa application form. Your employer will also need to provide a brief explanation in the note field of the CoS setting out how you will meet the eligible visa role requirement in your new job.

If your UK sponsor is a private organisation that provides healthcare services commissioned by the NHS, an explanation, and possibly documentary evidence, as to the contractual arrangements with the NHS will also need to be provided as proof of your eligibility for a Health and Care Worker visa.

How to apply for the Health and Care Worker visa
To apply for the Health and Care visa you will first need to be assigned a CoS by your UK sponsor. This is a unique reference number which you use to apply online on the Home Office website.

Once you have completed all the relevant information, the next stage of the application process is to pay the appropriate fee (see below). You will also need to provide various documents in support of your application.

On receipt of the application, the Home Office will assess the information and documents and you may be offered to either:

book a biometrics appointment if is not possible to reuse any biometrics supplied with a previous application, or
you will be advised how to enrol biometrics using an ID app.

Health and Care Worker visa supporting documentation
As with any UK visa application, you will need to provide various documents in support including, where relevant, the following:

A statement or letter from your bank or building society showing you have enough personal savings, unless your CoS shows your A-rated sponsor can support you instead
Proof of your knowledge of English
A current, valid passport or travel document to prove you can travel
Any expired passports or travel documents to show your travel history
Your tuberculosis test results if you are from a listed country
A criminal record certificate.

Unless you are exempt, for example, because you are a national of a majority English-speaking country, to prove your knowledge of English you will usually need to show that you have passed an approved English language test with at least CEFR level B1 in reading, writing, speaking and listening, or have an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD.

If you are applying as a doctor, dentist, nurse or midwife, you will be able to rely on the assessment of your professional body as proof of your language ability.

Can my partner or dependants join me in the UK?
When applying for a Health and Care visa, immediate family members will be eligible to accompany or join you in the UK on this route. This includes your spouse or partner, and any dependent children.

If you are already in the UK and would like your dependants to join you, your UK sponsor will need to provide written confirmation that your family member is eligible to do so based on your occupation. This should be in the form of a letter or email from the sponsor, setting out the organisation for which you work, and, if not an NHS body, how the organisation qualifies.

What are the Health and Care Worker visa costs?
The Health and Care visa comes with a reduced visa application fee compared to that paid by other skilled workers.

The fees apply to applicants and dependents and are the same for leave to enter the UK or to remain in the UK, to those who qualify under this visa.

Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests