How often should I have a tetanus Injection

Forum rules
The information contained on this web site is for information purposes and is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

How often should I have a tetanus Injection

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Tetanus is an infection caused by bacteria, Clostridium tetani, found in soil, dust and animal feces. When they enter a deep flesh wound, spores of the bacteria may produce a powerful toxin, tetanospasmin, which acts on various areas of your nervous system.

Tetanus is also called "lockjaw" because it often causes a person's neck and jaw muscles to lock, making it hard to open the mouth or swallow. It can also cause breathing problems, severe muscle spasms, seizures, and paralysis. Complete recovery can take months. If left untreated, tetanus can be fatal.

Vaccination is the best way to protect against tetanus, a serious disease caused by a bacterial toxin that affects your nervous system. Adults should receive tetanus booster shots every 10 years.

Tetanus is a serious bacterial disease that leads to stiffness of your jaw muscles and other muscles. It can cause severe muscle spasms, make breathing difficult and, ultimately, threaten your life.
Tetanus bacteria can enter your body through even the tiniest cut or scratch. But deep puncture wounds – such as from stepping on a nail – are most susceptible to tetanus infection.
If you suffer such an injury and it’s been more than five years since your last booster, you should receive another tetanus shot. If you can’t recall when you last received a tetanus shot, you should get the booster – especially if you’re pretty sure it was more than five years ago.

Those who’ve never been immunized against tetanus should receive the initial tetanus dose – three tetanus shots given over a period of seven to 10 months.

Tetanus vaccines are safe, but side effects can occur. Most side effects are mild or moderate, meaning they do not affect daily activities.

Tetanus is different from other vaccine-preventable diseases in that it does not spread from person to person. The bacteria are usually found in soil, dust and manure and enter the body through breaks in the skin – usually cuts or puncture wounds.
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
brantlee0
Reactions:
Years of practice: 1

Re: How often should I have a tetanus Injection

Unread post by brantlee0 »

Record delighted combined with the studying you'll made to can make exact set up amazing. Wonderful experience! N95 mask
brantlee0
Reactions:

I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work.
brantlee0
Reactions:

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly that love and read more on this topic. If possible, such as gain knowledge, would you mind updating your blog with additional information? It is very useful for me.
brantlee0
Reactions:

We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends. kop oxycontin online
brantlee0
Reactions:

Excellent post. I was always checking this blog, and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info specially the last part, I care for such information a lot. I was exploring this particular info for a long time. Thanks to this blog my exploration has ended. small business website designers
brantlee0
Reactions:

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. buy sleeping pills
brantlee0
Reactions:

thanks for the tips and information..i really appreciate it.. infrastructure cabling companies
brantlee0
Reactions:

thanks for the tips and information..i really appreciate it.. muskegon dispensary
brantlee0
Reactions:

I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post. voice platform
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic