The major things to look for are:
- 1) Is it registered?
2) Does the facility has qualified health care givers e.g Trained Registered Nurses
Qualified Doctors, Pharmacists, Lab scientists etc. The more the qualified personnel with different specialisations , the better.
3) What are the opportunities available in the hospital? e.g. laboratory, Xray, Physio, Dietetics etc.
4) How flexible is their referrer system, can they hands off easily on cases they cannot handle by referring such to a higher hospital or health facility?
5) The hygiene compliance of the hospital, is it neat?
6) What is their response time?
Quality health services can be expensive but you will be rest assured to get the best!
What is their quality assurance?
Don't be deceived,
A nurse, A doctor or any one interested in the health of his generation can open a health care center so far he/she has the money to employ all other important health care givers to work with him/her.
[*]You must also get the proper registration license.
You must have the right equipment
You must have the right emotional intelligence
You must have enough cash as well. [/i]
Let no one harass or discredit any professional as incapable of managing a health facility. Even rich men that are not health inclined do open hospital and employ the right personnel to work for them.
The most important thing is certification, registration and quality services!
Let's give the right services and encourage one another to excel!
Nurses are good care givers!
They open and run health facilities adequately and enjoy the cooperation of other health care professionals
That is the spirit!!
Olufemi Iseyemi Folakemi RN