How much is the house officers’ salary in Nigeria?
The house job is a compulsory one-year service where newly inducted medical doctors have the opportunity to work on a professional level with other medical doctors.
Facts about the House Officer
1. The house officer is the the engine room of any teaching hospital, federal medical centres, or specialist hospital.
2. A house officer could be a medical doctor or dentist
3. They are certified medical doctors and are NOT medical students.
4. She or he is a junior doctor that carries out the plans of his/her superiors.
5. They are your first and last contact in the hospital
6. The federal government owned hospitals tend to pay better than state-owned hospitals.
7. Housejob is not only done in government hospitals, but also some private hospitals like Lily, Eko hospital, St. Nicholas, Igbinedion University Teaching Hospital.
Housemanship is the first phase after graduating from the medical school. Here, the young doctor begins to earn a salary. But what is the house officers salary in Nigeria.
Housemanship salary in Nigeria differ from hospital to officer as you will see below.
House Officers’ Salary across the 36 States in Nigeria
1. Abia State – FMC 168k, Abia State University Teaching Hospital 155k)
2. Adamawa – Federal Medical Center, Yola pays 170K after tax)
3. Akwa Ibom – State owned general hospitals pays 230k while University of Uyo Teaching Hospital (UUTH) pays 169k with accommodation)
4. Anambra – Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching Hospital, NAUTH pays 165k with accommodation
5. Bauchi – FMC Azare pays 175k salary to houseofficers.
6. Bayelsa – FMC Yenogoa pays 175 as take home with accommodation, NDUTH pays 165k, then NMA removing 10k for dues making it 155k as take home
7. Benue – FMC Markudi pays 168k
8. Borno – University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital pays 180k with accommodation, State HMB pays 178k with accommodation
9. Cross River – University of Calabar Teaching Hospital, UCTH pays their medical and dental houseofficers N171,000 as monthly salary with accommodation)
10. Delta – FMC Asaba pays 171k naira as take home with accommodation, Delta State HMB pays 165k with accommodation. Lily Hospital in Warri pays 144k with accommodation
11. Ebonyi – Federal Teaching Hospital Abakaliki renamed Alex Ekwueme Federal University Teaching Hospital Abakaliki pays 164k to medical interns
12. Edo – University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) pays its Houseofficers between 165k – 168k naira as take home after the deduction of accommodation levy, NMA dues and ARD dues. Take home pay may be higher for those not living in the house officers’ residence. Edo state HMB like Central Hospital and Stella Obasanjo Hospital pays 160k. Irrua Teaching hospital or Irrua Specialist Hospital pays 174k. Igbinedion University Teaching Hospital pays houseofficers 150k naira with accommodation
13. Ekiti – FMC Ido pays 165k
14. Enugu – University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) pays 158k if you are given accommodation and 163k with no accommodation
15. FCT Abuja – National Hospital Abuja (NHA ) pays N194,356.11 as salary monthly to houseofficers. House officers salary in National Hospital Abuja is quite mouth watery compared to others.
16. Gombe – Gombe Federal Teaching Hospital pays N164, 000 naira with accommodation, Gombe State Hospital Board (HMB) pays 156k with accomodation
17. Imo – FMC, Owerri pays 170k with good accommodation, state HMB pays 155k monthly as salary.
18. Jigawa – FMC Jigawa pays 177k with accommodation
19. Kaduna – In Kaduna state, the Ahmadu Bello Teaching Hospital pays 170k with accommodation.
20. Kano – Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital (AKTH) pays medical and dental interns 176k with accommodation
21. Katsina – FMC Katsina pays 178k monthly to housofficers
22. Kebbi – FMC Kebbi pays houseofficers 173k with accommodation
23. Kogi – FMC Lokoja pays medical interns 158k naira (excluding tax, dues, etc)
24. Kwara – University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (UITH) pays N168, 000 plus accommodation
25 Lagos – LUTH pays 167k, LASUTH pays 166k, Lagos Hospital Service Commission (HSC) pays 167k after tax, FMC Ebutte Metta pays 170k with accommodation. Military Hospital, Bonny Camp Victoria Island pays 157k with accommodation but you will get an accrued pay after working for 10 months. Before you get your first pay in the 10th month, you will be given a stipend of 10k every 2 weeks for your upkeep. St Nicholas and Eko Hospitals pay houseofficers 190k and 183k respectively.
26. Nassarawa – FMC keffi pays houseofficers 189,000 naira and State Specialist hospital in Lafia pays between 160k – 165k
27. Niger – FMC Bida pays 169k with accommodation
28. Ogun – FMC Abeokuta do pay medical interns 169k with accommodation
29. Ondo (State specialist hospital Ikare pays 167k naira with accommodation, ONDO HMB pays160k as take home, FMC Owo pays 179k with accommodation)
30. Osun – OATH pays 173k, Osun State Specialist Hospital pays 160k to interns
31. Oyo – University College Hospital, Ibadan pays 175k without accommodation fee. Accommodation will reduce the take home. State HMB pays 163k monthly.
READ ALSO: Salary of NYSC doctors across the 36 states of the federation
32. Plateau – Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH) pays 171k with accommodation
33. Rivers (University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH) pays 162k with accommodation
34. Sokoto – Uthman Danfodiyyo University Teaching Hospital (UDUTH) salary for HOs is 175k with accommodation
35. Taraba – FMC Jalingo pays 168k
36. Yobe – For those planning to do internship in FMC Nguru, they pay 178k to houseofficers.
37. Zamfara – For FMC Gusau internship, the hospital pays 176k
Source:https://nimedhealth.com.ng/2019/09/18/h ... n-nigeria/