NMC announces further improvements to help overseas applicants

Do you have a question only another nurse can handle? This is the place to post it.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

NMC announces further improvements to help overseas applicants

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Nurses, midwives and nursing associates applying to join the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) register from overseas are set to find the process easier and cheaper than ever before.

As part of the professional regulator’s commitment to improving its approach to overseas registration, the latest changes have been designed to offer a more efficient and streamlined experience and help ensure qualified nursing and midwifery professionals can get into practice where they are needed.

Coming into effect in October 2019, key improvements include:
• Moving from a paper to an online application system from 7 October that provides applicants with a personal account to track their progress instantly.
• Streamlined requirements to confirm a candidate’s competence - for example, instead of asking for training transcripts, the NMC will confirm they hold the qualification that would lead to registration in their home country.
• A redesigned guidance page on the NMC website, including easy read guidelines and a new pre-application checklist tool that can be shared with employers and recruiters.
• A further reduction in the cost of the computer based test (CBT) that overseas nurses, midwives and nursing associates must take to work in the UK. This will be reduced from £90 to £83 from 1 October – a 36% reduction in the total cost since 30 March 2019

Unnecessary delays in registration can mean applicants aren’t able to practice in their chosen profession and it can put them at risk of losing work or, sometimes, having to return home.

The NMC is making these changes to ensure that highly-skilled nursing and midwifery professionals can join the UK workforce as quickly as possible in order to carry out their role of delivering better, safer care for people using health and care services.

https://www.nmc.org.uk/news/press-relea ... pplicants/
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Feji4christ
ACNO
ACNO
Reactions:
Years of practice: 7

Re: NMC announces further improvements to help overseas applicants

Unread post by Feji4christ »

Good step taken
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Change to English language requirements for nurses and midwives gets green light

NMC also made changes to the requirements for nurses and midwives from outside the EU taking the Internal English Language Test System (IELTS) and improved the supporting information available to applicants.

Nurses and midwives will still be required to achieve a minimum overall level of 7 in the test. However, a level 6.5 in writing will be accepted alongside a level 7 in reading, listening and speaking

The change will take effect from 5 December 2018. IELTS results under two years old that meet the new requirements will be considered by the regulator.

The change is just one part of an extensive review the regulator is undertaking of its international registration processes.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Josef56
Reactions:
Years of practice: 4

Unread post by Josef56 »

This is a really helpful post, very informative there is no doubt about it. Thanks for sharing this information with us. I really appreciate your work. for more information
Linda7
Reactions:
Years of practice: 4

Unread post by Linda7 »

This is extremely helpful info!! Very good work. Everything is very interesting to learn and easy to understand. Thank you for giving information.
katlivon65
Reactions:
Years of practice: 1

Unread post by katlivon65 »

Your article is so convincing that I never stop to say something about it. This goes far beyond the commenting, very valuable information. I think this is one of the most significant information for me. Thank you for sharing,
katlivon65
Reactions:

Unread post by katlivon65 »

Your article is so convincing that I never stop to say something about it. This goes far beyond the commenting, very valuable information. I think this is one of the most significant information for me. Thank you for sharing,
mini3
Reactions:

Unread post by mini3 »

This is great and very helpful information. It inspire me a lot. This is very useful for new comers. Thanks for sharing this blog.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic