Knowing Your Genotype Before Marriage

Forum rules
The information contained on this web site is for information purposes and is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.

Do you know your Genotype?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
I don't care
No votes

Total votes: 1

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Re: Knowing Your Genotype Before Marriage

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

World Sickle Cell Awareness Day Mon 19th Jun, 2017

I really need to say this,cos it really not fair.....

Its hurting when yousee this children go through excruciating pain. This children where born out of " i love him, and i cannot do without him" syndrome.

70% of these babies Manifest their symptoms at a very early stage, i'm talking of babies less than 1 year old, going through horrible pain because of two persons who came together and made decisions without facing reality.😕

Yes you can pray and have faith for the blood to change....True, but why do you want to tempt God when you know the implication?

You want to imagine the the reality of marrying without considering genotype of your partner?

Just Visit Sickle Cell centre at Idi-Aaba Mushin Lagos and see if you feel you can bear what you see....😓

Its just that it seems funny asking on a first Date what is your genotype, but its actually safer, so that you dont just fall in love up and down.

Its Sickle Cell Diseases Awareness.😓😓.

Please AS and AS should not marry.
AS and SS shouldn't think of marrying.

You will not forgive yourself when you end up having a child with the sickle cell disease and put the child through the agony the disease brings when you could have easily avoided it?

Reducing the burden of sickle cell disease in the country by sharing on your timeline.
There are four genotypes in humans – AA, AS, SS and AC. AC genotype is not so common and popular unlike the other three. SS and AC are the abnormal genotypes or the sickle cells. The knowledge of genotype is important when choosing life partners. Intending couples should know both their own genotype as well as their partner’s genotype at the early stage of their relationship before they are well rooted in love and emotions.
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic