Nurses Migration to USA

Advertise Nursing job vacancies all in one place. Feel free to post jobs, start discussions and network with other nursing/medical professionals.
Forum rules
We advise that job adverts posted are not verified. Kindly take caution before sending your details to the advertiser.

Never pay to apply for a job.
Meme
Reactions:
Years of practice: 7

Nurses Migration to USA

Unread post by Meme »

Do you wish to practice nursing in USA? Gather together let's share the steps involved and how possible it is .

Steps;
You can self sponsor yourself or sign a contract with some agencies like shearwater health ( I am currently with them, they're really good ), avant, ogp etc.

1. Choose the state you'd like to practice in.
2. Register with cgfns for credential verification service or credential evaluation service.
3. Register with Pearson Vue for NCLEX-RN.
4. Travel to the Phillipines, or India for nclex exam.
5. Pass nclex.
6. Sign up with an agency if you have not at this stage.
7. The agency files I-140 petition for you at USCIS.
8. Get approval from USCIS.
9. Transfer to NVC.
10. Send your civil documents for you and your family , fill your DS -260 form...
11. Get a case complete from NVC.
12. Receive an exit interview date.
13.Do your medicals.
14. Go for exit interview.
Visa approved
Travel to USA

NB; You are required to write ielts with overall band score of 6.5, and band 7 in speaking. This is for visascreen certificate which you'll carry along for your exit interview.

Shearwater Health gives 100% sponsorship.

Drop your questions.
Olakojo
Reactions:
Years of practice: 15

Re: Nurses Migration to USA

Unread post by Olakojo »

Does it mean cgfns exam is no more relevant
Meme
Reactions:

Unread post by Meme »

Olakojo wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:51 pm Does it mean cgfns exam is no more relevant
If you already have cgfns , then it could be used to file for you BUT YOU STILL NEED TO TAKE NCLEX WHEN YOU GET TO USA.
HOWEVER IF YOU HAVE NOT WRITTEN CGFNS EXAM, PLEASE IT'S BETTER YOU WRITE NCLEX INSTEAD OF CGFNS.
After writing cgfns exam, One still needs to write nclex.
TreasuredCherry
Reactions:
Years of practice: 2

Unread post by TreasuredCherry »

How long is one expected to work with shearwater to pay back? I mean, what are the conditions of payment
TreasuredCherry
Reactions:
Years of practice: 2

Unread post by TreasuredCherry »

I am 100%in. But I have already started the process with avant. And these agencies always ask if one has started the process with any other agency before. I don't know why they ask though
Meme
Reactions:

Unread post by Meme »

TreasuredCherry wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:10 am I am 100%in. But I have already started the process with avant. And these agencies always ask if one has started the process with any other agency before. I don't know why they ask though
30-36 months is the contract duration for shearwater health.
If you have signed up with an agency, then continue with that agency to avoid breach of contract. But if a contract has not been signed at all, YOU MAY CONSIDER SIGNING UP WITH SHEARWATER HEALTH.
Tolu
Reactions:
Years of practice: 3

Unread post by Tolu »

Hi,
Please do you know if shearwater health provides bonuses for nurses who are self sponsored and have passed the NCLEX?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic