Nigerian Private Nurses Salary Survey

Do you have a question only another nurse can handle? This is the place to post it.

How Much Do You Earn As A Private Nurse in Your Hospital, School, Company?

Below 50K
25%
50K - 100K
58%
100K - 300K
17%
300K - And Above
No votes

Total votes: 12

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Re: Nigerian Private Nurses Salary Survey

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Adedotun Ajiboye Olajide Very poor
Opara Nwanna Sylvia No scale ......pay anything .....very sad!!!!!
Alexander Elizabeth Nneka Scale keh....Dont be surprise if some r collecting 40-50k....
Chinwe Ononye 40-50k is even big, some collect 20-30k
Chinenye Awusaku Okey Hell No! That's like 50 dollars in a month. Jesus have
mercy!
Ejikeme Chisom It's 30k am collecting.... Please if there is a better one please do lemme no... Or send a text or call 08072282075...i will be grateful and appreciate you
Hope Nduka When I worked in private in abia state ,I started with 7k and u can imagine
Lawal Tolani Do market survey,so as to know how much others are paying but if it's not a reasonable amount,you can increase your own
Quin Esther Oluwanifemi Some r collecting 18k.... Of which a School cert. sales girl collect such as monthly salary
Prince Chinedu It's a pity for you all. See the amount of money you are mentioning. This is shameful! Can any medical doctor be paid less than a 100k in any setting? The reason is simple... there are so many nurses in the labor market, so if you don't take the peanut they are paying, so many others are willing to collect it. I have always advocated for a review of the Nursing & Midwifery Act 1979 to provide for the Universities as the only statutory institution for the training of Nurses & Midwives. This will reduce the number of nurses that are being pumped out from various schools of nursing across the federation, thus increasing the demand for nursing services and consequent increase in salary!
Ogumu ChrisPat Auxiliary "Nurses" are taking over d whole private hospitals and those quacks are ready to take any amount and doctors are not helping matters at all they prefer taking quacks because they believe they make more profits working with quacks in d aspect of salary. There is one private hospital in one state in Nigeria they have 14 quacks and 2 registered nurses. Imagine d type of care they are rendering there.
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Prince Chinedu There's an urgent need for an overhaul of the Nigerian healthcare administration. The Part C, Section 38 (C) II of the Code of Medical Ethics in Nigeria should be looked into, so as to ensure that private practitioners employ only registered nurses in their establishments. Also, the Company And Allied Matters Act of Nigeria should be reviewed to specifically state the number of registered nurses a private practitioner should employ before an approval will be issued for the establishment of a private clinic.
Prince Chinedu Unfortunately, Nurses are not involved in politics, hence they do not partake in the policy making processes that directly affect their own profession. So unfortunate!
Archived from our facebook group
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Sadeeq Labaran
Please at federal hospital what is the salary scale for a Nurse with grade level 8 grade level 9 and 10?
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Ezine
They are paid with CONHESS (consolidated health salary structure) and step e.g conhess 8 step 3. The people earning in that particular grade are in a better position to tell you how much they earn.
Yahaya Rebecca
No particular salary paid to people in same rank are desame, the rate of deduction in federal level is too much and it depends on the organization or the state also the MD of the hospital
Temitope Alabi
Hmm, if you need such details kindly look for the salary table. The people shouting big money here have no slight idea of the structure.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Remuneration and salary scale should be an open book please! How would you have comparative advantage against and with other professionals if you cannot openly discuss about what you earn. Discuss it openly so you can fight collectively for better pay packages for your profession and team wherever you find yourself. The secrecy issue has led not only to professional backwardness but affect lots of people in there personal and even matrimonial relationships. We must be open as a society to discuss every financial /monetary issues if we truly want to grow at par with the global economy/practices
Chichi Asagwara
Oladipupo Ogunbukola Ganiyat really!! I laugh at your comment. Go online and you will find the average pay rate for nurses and other professions in every state in the US. There is nothing SECRET about your pay!! The only time it’s at issue is if you ask a fellow colleague at work how much he/she is paid. It’s a breach of contract to disclose pay to another worker. But this is an open forum. It’s alright to ask what the average pay rate is so as to judge when one is being taken advantage of.
Chiwendu Alaribe
Chichi Asagwara Nne the thing tire me o.
We even discuss PERSONAL salary and benefits openly at my side o. It has NEVER been an issue and we never signed anything to an opposing effect. It's a city hospital so it has to be made known.
The ACTUAL salary is stated in the job application ONLINE if you go to my company website so what is there to hide?
The difference between colleagues is now due to years of experience, shift differentials etc.
Right from Nigeria, I have been open to telling people Basic pay for my position. That should guide you. The rest, as stated above is unique to me so will be different for others too.
Sadeeq
Each and everyone of us in this our noble profession in Nigeria is aware of the current situations at hand the issue's of Minimum wage if nurses doesn't discuss the subject matter how can we finally achieved flat rate as other on mention professional in any settings. There is different diversity in health institutions which the matter is been discuss some teaching hospital pays lower than some same to FMC not talking of state level is that how the profession supposed to move forward... WE THANK GOD NURSES ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND ELEGANT LOOKING FLAMBOYANT IN THE HOSPITAL WITH LOW SALARY SCALE SINCE FROM THE STEM ROOT OF INTERNSHIP.... The more we verbalize the more action is law will be enact.. Sorry when you find it or view my post in the other hand.
oliviaivy337
Reactions:
Years of practice: 1

Unread post by oliviaivy337 »

According to a study, about 50% of practicing nurses in Nigeria earn between N100,000 to N300,000 after the minimum wage was increased.... Also, the sample was done in a particular part of the country keeping nurses who earn remarkable higher or even lower out of the sample....time-management games
Hi I am ahmad , ahmad
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Salary of Nurses in Private Hospitals
Entry Level (0-2 years experience): N50,000 - N90,000 (Only few hospital pay more than this)
Mid level (2-5 years experience): N70, 000 - N100,000
Experience (5 and above experience) : N80,000 - N500,000
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Salary structure of nurses in Nigeria is based on different factors such as educational level, experience, gender, and sectors.

Nurses Salary structure by experience in Nigeria
Experience happens to be the most important factor in paying a nurse in Nigeria. Here is the breakdown;
  • 0 – 2 Years – N96, 400
    2 – 5 Years – N128, 000
    5 – 10 Years – N171, 000
    10 – 15 Years – N203, 000
    15 – 20 Years – N219, 000
    20+ Years – N236, 000
Salary Structure By Education in Nigeria
  • Bachelor’s Degree – N138, 000
    Master’s Degree – N217, 000
Salary Structure in Nigeria By Gender
Female – N153, 000
Male – N166, 000

Nurses salary structure by public and private sectors
Private Sector – N198, 000
Public Sector – N210, 000

NOTE: We would like you to know that what we have up there is an average salary and they could vary across each state and firm.

Conclusion On Nurses Salary In Nigeria 2020

Now we have the idea of what Nurses in Nigeria earn. With this I presume many might want to venture into the field, but here is the deal, career deals with passion and not money.

That’s all on Nurses Salary in Nigeria 2020.
Bolatito
Reactions:
Years of practice: 15

Unread post by Bolatito »

STARTING SALARY FOR NURSES WORKING IN A HOSPITAL IN LAGOS & ABUJA

1. Single qualified (RN/RM) N100K - above

2. Double qualified (RN+ ANY SPECIALTY) N120K - above

3.BNSC +POST BASIC N150K - above.

FOR THOSE OUTSIDE LAGOS AND ABUJA.

1. Single qualified (RN/RM) N70K - above

2. Double qualified (RN+ ANY SPECIALTY) N90K -- above

3.BNSC + POST BASIC N100K - above.

HOME CARE NURSES/ COMPANIES/SCHOOL'S/NGO'S
1. Single qualified (RN)
2. Double qualified (RN+POST BASIC)
3.BNSC+ POST BASIC.
N170K - above per month.(for all nurses)

4.THOSE THAT ARE TRAINED ON SAFETY COURSES; e.g BLS,ACLS,ECG e.t.c. THERE SHOULD BE ADDITION OF N50--100K ON TOP OF YOUR ORIGINAL SALARY.

Don't 4get to bargain well with your employer.

LOCUM/OUTREACH

1. N800- above per hour
Nothing should be less than this.

NURSING A CRITICAL ILL PT'S OR IMMUNOCOMPROMISED PT'S e.g covid, HIV, Ebola, TB e.t.c
1. N3000-- above per hour.
Matron Ben
Reactions:
Years of practice: 25

Unread post by Matron Ben »

Juliet Odoh

How about we have a fixed price of salary for all nurses and midwives
That is, as a fresher from school with or without experience, your salary must not be less than 90k(for example)
Then non freshers must not be less than 150k. Can we achieve this? This is what doctors and lab scientist have done
They have a general group were they discuss this things, they all agreed on a fixed salary
They also have rules and regulations, if you violate any rules i.e if you accept a salary less than the fixed price your license will be seized and you will pay before you retrieve it, you will also not be allowed to work for some time
This is what doctors do, that's why their salaries is always 200k and above, if we come together we can achieve this
There's nothing like I am the bread winner of my family, if we want to do better for ourselves, we should forget who and who is depending on us
After all, it's for our own good
My opinion
Jakas Bulus As good as your suggestion may sound, we have so many enemies within and outside of our profession who are busy recruiting quacks and the worst part of it is that government is not bothered to put a stringent law to deal decisively with the quacks, so they have infiltrated everyone claiming to be nurses and private hospitals owners are using them the way they like including some of our professional colleagues. And if you as a nurse refuse to take the little available job on ground they feel they can do without you since they can use quacks to get cheap labour even with the destruction of people's lives cos many of them are heartless.
We are at a stage of dilemma honestly.
Lois Julia
You are very correct my dear we need to have a group where we talked about stuffs like this coz nursing is just bad where am working they r paying Nurses different salaries not the same it's bad some r collecting high n some r collecting low but the question is we need to start from this private hospitals n gang up against their small pay with bad treatment if all the nurses refused to work with small pay we will all do better
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic