How much Do Nurses Earn in Nigeria?

Do you have a question only another nurse can handle? This is the place to post it.

How much do you earn presently as a nurse?

Below N50K
5%
50K - 100K
45%
100K - 300K
45%
300K - And Above
5%

Total votes: 22

ANDDYLUV
Reactions:
Years of practice: 5

Re: How much Do Nurses Earn in Nigeria?

Unread post by ANDDYLUV »

Before talking about our salary or what we earn as nurses, we would need to organize our educational system. When our education is organised then can we be placed properly with others with the same qualifications. SON should go under ministry of education and it should be a monotechnic with RN certificate equivalent to HND. Salary can then be equivlent to those with HND.
Bnsc should be given internship and then thier salary same as other with degree. We need to organise ourslf within so we can fight for our right
olufemi iseyemi fola
ACNO
ACNO
Reactions:
Years of practice: 30

Unread post by olufemi iseyemi fola »

You see where we are!, division, selfishness, lack of focus and proper vision has placed us behind in the health care sector. We may have to fight again when others are busy enjoying the gains of the struggle. What on earth is the problem with nurses, especially those leading us. How can we use our mouths and hands to run our dear profession down these much? Where is the gain of GNAN and NANNM struggle? A house divided against itself can never stand. You have the opportunity to repair the walls you have pulled down, else, some other people will and posterity will judge all that are involved in this set back and selfishness.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Participate in private nurses salary survey.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=874
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Jojef
Reactions:
Years of practice: 12

Unread post by Jojef »

Am a registered Nurse working in sokoto state. talking about how much do nurses earn in Nigeria well I will say that the work of a nurse and the duty of a nurse is more than the salaries that they are being paid. like here in sokoto some clinics pays 8k, 18k, highest u can get is 20k and with this peanut called salary you will be the to run morning and evening shifts. I don't work in the clinics though but other colleagues who work there do tells us their experiences.
Jojef
Reactions:
Years of practice: 12

Unread post by Jojef »

I will suggest that NANNM should work on the nurses salaries in Nigeria by telling the ministry of health and the federal government to review our salaries again. because the weight of all the ward duties are all on the nurses with all this should we paid less?
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK TO OLD COMESS AND OLD CONHESS:

COMESS 3 (which is the starting point for doctors) #260,865.58
CONHESS 7 (which is the starting point for some health workers like accountant etc) #118,765.
(difference of #142,100.00) 120% difference.

CONHESS 9 (which is another starting point for health workers eg pharmacist etc) #161,670.33.
(difference 99,195.25) 61% difference.

NOW LETS STILL COMPARE THE SALARY OF A NEWLY EMPLOYED DOCTOR ABOVE WITH A HEALTH WORKERS THAT HAVE SPENT 6 TO 9 YEARS IN SERVICE WHICH IS CONHESS 11.

CONHESS 11:#223,345.58 (difference of #37,520.00) 17% difference.

ABOVE IS FOR OLD CONMESS AND OLD CONHESS....

TAKE A LOOK AT THE NEW CONMESS AND PROPOSED CONHESS BY JOHESU, PLS SIR I WILL STILL WANT YOU TO COMPARE THIS NEW CONMESS WITH THE OLD CONHESS THAT JOHESU IS PRESENTLY RECEIVING NOW....

NEW CONMESS 3 :# 312,944.83.

PROPOSED CONHESS 7: #165,541.08
(difference of #147,403.75)
89%difference.

PROPOSED CONHESS 9: #190,227.25 (difference of #122,717.58)
65% difference.

PROPOSED CONHESS 11:
#255,184.83.
(difference of #57,760.00)
23% difference.

I WANT TO ALSO WRITE THAT OF THE ZENITH OF BOTH PROFESSION :

OLD CONMESS 7: #704,209.08
OLD CONHESS 15: #476,855.00
(DIFFERENCE #227,354.08)
48% DIFFERENCE.

NEW CONMESS 7:
#999,698.50
PROPOSED CONHESS 15:
#697,024,42.
(difference of #302,674.08)
43% Difference

now did NMA see the parity they have been singing with???

I TOOK OUT MY PRECIOUS TIME TO HIGHLIGHT THIS FIGURES OUT BCOS WHEN I AM TALKING I LIKE WORKING WITH FACT BCOS THE TRUTH CAN'T BE HIDDEN.

Is this asking for equal pay like the minister of health is claiming of JOHESU
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Recent researches showed that over 50% of nurses in Nigeria have are paid between N100,000 and N300,000, and about 38% receive between N50,000 and N100,000. Only 10% of nurses earn N300,000.

Nurse salary in private hospitals on average is between N80,000 and N150,000. As for average salary level in government hospitals, it is around N80,000 – N150,000. Experts also claim that this is an extremely low level of salary for such a hard work. In some cases one nurse can have over 30 patients under care, such situation happened because of a small number of professional nurses in the hospitals of the country.

One of the main reasons for such lack of personnel is low level of salary. As a result, we have a vicious circle, thus raising salaries for nurses can significantly improve health care system.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Sadeeq Labaran Majidadi
Each and everyone of us in this our noble profession in Nigeria is aware of the current situations at hand the issue's of Minimum wage if nurses doesn't discuss the subject matter how can we finally achieved flat rate as other on mention professional in any settings. There is different diversity in health institutions which the matter is been discuss some teaching hospital pays lower than some same to FMC not talking of state level is that how the profession supposed to move forward... WE THANK GOD NURSES ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND ELEGANT LOOKING FLAMBOYANT IN THE HOSPITAL WITH LOW SALARY SCALE SINCE FROM THE STEM ROOT OF INTERNSHIP.... The more we verbalize the more action is law will be enact.. Sorry when you find it or view my post in the other hand. Pardon . As a professional if matter arises insult is unprofessionalism
ibironke Khadeejah Quadri
Remuneration and salary scale should be an open book please! How would you have comparative advantage against and with other professionals if you cannot openly discuss about what you earn. Discuss it openly so you can fight collectively for better pay packages for your profession and team wherever you find yourself. The secrecy issue has led not only to professional backwardness but affect lots of people in there personal and even matrimonial relationships. We must be open as a society to discuss every financial /monetary issues if we truly want to grow at par with the global economy/practices
Ihuoma Nweke
Don't mind them is 200k as of then ooo but now I don't
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Princess Violet Anthony
R
N in private hospital earn 20-25,000

Silverline Obinna-Gideons Nwaeze
Princess Violet Anthony Jesus !!!!!!!!are u kidding me?
Stephanie Catherine
In Anambra State RN/M #35,000 and RN 25,000
Cecilia Oduh 20-25k private hospital
Stephen Ogbonnà The Lord will see us through in this our Nursing profession in Nigeria.
Oluwasemiloore Bamba
Some RN in private sector ( especially those in Lagos) earn more than people in government owned hospital but with tedious job description. Some have more job autonomy. I have a friend who earns above 200k in a construction company. I was being paid 100k over 6 years ago in a private hospital. Even at that time I wasnt eager to work in a federal hospital. I started with 17k in Ibadan, moved to lagos and started from 45k then was gradually increased to 100k and I had the chance to request for an increase before i moved

Ujunwa Onyechi Paschaline
In Enugu ministry of health,government for that matter RN is 37 then RM 42 for level 7 n 8,then DDNS in Enugu is 120 level 15,then in private is 25, Enugu is too poor
Amara Okafor Dicksonfez Enugu is the poorest followed by Anambra
Comfort Ayeni Ujunwa Onyechi Paschaline chai
Tolani Olabisi Ogunniyi
Nawa ooooo.....I thought Kwara was the worst, seems Enugu is the worstest
Adebisi Ajani Adewale
I was receiving 40k monthly in warri as RN/RM before I left for PH
Yetunde Funmilayo Soniran Akinsanya No difference btw Warri and PH
Oluwasemiloore Bamba This is too poor.
Adewusi Comfort In Ogun state, RN is 35K while double qualification is 45_49k
Amara Okafor Dicksonfez Somkene Nezianya
come and see salary.
Taibat Sulyman Edun
My own salary was 18k for almost 4 years in private here in ilorin as RN

Abundant Grace
Well as for kebbi state if I remember very well RN earns between 40+k to 50+k for GL07 while GL08 60+k to 70+k
Mamsat Ashanty In katsina state as a nurse u earn 86 k midwives earn 89 k too
Jemimah Guda
Hi beautiful Nurses Good morning. Pls who have ideal about RN/RM/ BSC nurses in ortheopadic hospital dala kano. The step/ level and salary scale. Thank you
Racheal Bazunu OMG see salaries 😱
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Yetunde Funmilayo Soniran Akinsanya
U are right...Am not finding it funny at all... Probably,there is no association fighting for Nurses working in Private Hospitals... Everyone can't work in STATE, FEDERAL, MINISTRY, HEALTH CENTERS.There should be a body dt fights for Nurses in Private Sectors.. Private Sectors see it in ds way...If u can't accept d money/salary then u can leave probably cos of the Auxiliary Nurses they are are making use of....If I tell u what I am earning after how many years of working experience....It is well especially if u find urself in a State where they are doing job discrimination....if u are not an indigen, u can't work in their State Hospital. . if u don't know anyone in ASO ROCK,u can't work in Federal/Teaching Hospital.
IT IS WELL
Ukaegbu Christiana Kessy
Yetunde Funmilayo Soniran Akinsanya my dear that's just the truth .I went twice to nursing council for this issue of private nurses if we r not part of the registered nurses with the council ?why are they quiet over their situations .infarct all I was told at the end of the day was nothing could be done better still we should go to labour .infact I regretted wasting my flight tickets. The worst is that all this hospital can never have any to do with labour agency in this country. My dear this a pity
Yetunde Funmilayo Soniran Akinsanya God will help us IJN
Adesoye Omotayo Abiodun Honestly, its worth fighting for.
Imaging an organization imposing on their employees a BI_DUTY with 2 nurses caring for about 35patients at each shift.Private settings so humiliating.
I concur with survey
Ogbonna Catherine
It hurts me so much that this nation called Nigeria does not have regard for health sector as a whole, especially that of nurses. The worst of it all is that of south East. I'm from the East oh! ,but I had to run away from that side due to the insults and abuse in the name of salary. Imaging ,how can someone went to school spend years , and obtain double qualification in nursing field, then when u go for job interview, the owner or firm will ask you all the questions they know in this world . Then when is time for, How much can they pay. They will be like, eeeeeh no need to talk much what we can offer is 25 to 30 thousand, hope is OK with you. Imaging the insolence. Slavery in disguise . And most of them are running 2 shifts oh! .
Beautiful nonsense
Nnabuife Ibekwe Jane Eseoghene Nnewi RN, btw N10,000(Single Nursing Ladies), (Married)N12,000 to N30000
Bsnc maybe higher
I am very Serious
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic