How much Do Nurses Earn in Nigeria?

Do you have a question only another nurse can handle? This is the place to post it.

How much do you earn presently as a nurse?

Below N50K
5%
50K - 100K
45%
100K - 300K
45%
300K - And Above
5%

Total votes: 22

Naijanurse
Support Nurse
Support Nurse
Reactions:

How much Do Nurses Earn in Nigeria?

Unread post by Naijanurse »

Just thinking aloud. How much do we get paid as salary in Nigeria where we work?

I know this could be like touching a very personal issue. But, hey this will really assist one another and know how to negotiate when taking up any job.

How Much should Nurses Collect as their Salary 4 RN & RM, & How much BNsc should Collect as their Salary. Please, kindly tell us if you work with private or government hospital, company, your state and area of interest.
paid.jpg
paid.jpg (19.55 KiB) Viewed 25715 times
Nursing is not just an ART, it has a heART. Nursing is not just a SCIENCE, but it has a conscience
Naijanurse
Support Nurse
Support Nurse
Reactions:

Re: Nurses Pay In Nigeria

Unread post by Naijanurse »

Did you just ask how i much i collect? :lol: Ok. Working with a company as their industrial nurse in Lagos with monthly 70k.
Nursing is not just an ART, it has a heART. Nursing is not just a SCIENCE, but it has a conscience
Nursejobng
Reactions:
Years of practice: 10

Re: How much Do Nurses Earn in Nigeria?

Unread post by Nursejobng »

Hospital that cannot start me with 100k should not think of seeing me the next day
"Nursing is an Art of Critical Thinking and Caring".
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Still waiting for your votes.
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
nur timmy
Reactions:
Years of practice: 8

Unread post by nur timmy »

The salary of nurses in nigeria is not encouraging compair to what the doctors are earning. NMCN should do something to nurses entry point
Joyce
Reactions:
Years of practice: 5

Unread post by Joyce »

Let me say that in Lagos salary is even still fair in some hospital. Outside Lagos is very very poor. You can imagine being offer N20,000 per month. It is that bad.
Dave
Reactions:
Years of practice: 10

Unread post by Dave »

This what doctors take home according to this publication.

The commissioner explained that the incessant strikes by the doctors were constituting hindrances to the efforts of government to address the challenges in the health sector, including the welfare of the doctors.

Ibirogba, who described the demand of the doctors as frivolous, accused them of being insensitive to other professionals in the public service system.

He said, “Presently, House Officers in the State take home a total of N173,927.33, while Medical Officers on grade level 12, earn between N207,629.75 and N256,903.58 every month. Those on level 13 earn between N260,690.59 and N309,303.83 monthly.

“Level 14 Medical Officers earn between N312,883.83 and N364,613.41 monthly, just as those on level 15 net home between N372,463.50 and N444,311.58 every month.

“In the same way, the state pays doctors on grade Level 16 between N445,522.00 and N531,205.83 monthly, while those on level 17 are paid between N534,594.67 and N632,658.17.

http://www.punchng.com/news/alleges-pecuniary-gain/
Christy
Reactions:
Years of practice: 3

Unread post by Christy »

I want to encourage many nurses to look for job not in the hospital but company as their clinic nurse. You be paid to their staff as a senior staff. I can tell you salaries better than my years and overwork in hospital.
Companys Lagos ranges from NGN100,000- N500,000.

I know a nurse with just R.N earning N350,000 . I just realised that it about multiple certificates that gives you fat salary. It about information and people you know.
Akpan
Reactions:
Years of practice: 4

Unread post by Akpan »

I don't know the exact figures nurses earn in Nigeria, but I know workers in the health sector generally earn more than what other civil servants earn, probably because of their special health salary scale as they get paid shift duty, call duty and other special allowances.
Matron Ben
Reactions:
Years of practice: 25

Unread post by Matron Ben »

Registered Nurses should stop accepting just any amount as salary at private clinics. At least, you can fight for that on your own. Its so depressing when u hear what some nurses receive as salary including insults and assaults. Please, don't take less than what you worth!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic