Why did you choose to be a nurse?

Do you have a question only another nurse can handle? This is the place to post it.

Is nursing a career or a calling?

A calling.
8%
A career choice.
33%
Both.
58%
None of the above.
No votes

Total votes: 12

Queenet
Head Nurse
Head Nurse
Reactions:

Why did you choose to be a nurse?

Unread post by Queenet »

To encourage many upcoming nurses that might be reading this post. Share your views on what motivates you to choose nursing. And how happy or disappointed are you with this decision.

So, why did you decide to become a Nurse?
"Changing how the world thinks about nursing".
Queenet
Head Nurse
Head Nurse
Reactions:

Re: Why did you choose to be a nurse?

Unread post by Queenet »

I am a very happy :lol: and fulfill being a nurse practicing for about 20 years now. Selecting a career in nursing is a great choice for many. Nursing jobs attract natural caretakers and a reward that goes beyond salary.

Being a nurse offers you the opportunity to help others and make a difference in their lives. The job is always there waiting for you. The pay at start was a bit disappointing here in Naija, but as you network with colleagues and friends you will a good paying job. I work with private not government.

The flexibility of the job is what I love. Sometimes, I work shift, part-time or on contract basis. This flexibility is not found in most other jobs.
Kareen
Reactions:
Years of practice: 12

Unread post by Kareen »

I got into nursing because I just wanted to have a profession, to please my parents. But after 2 years things became serious in our studies. When we started doing our clinical related experiences i realized that Nursing is a very interesting, a noble profession and worthy of respect. The skills and knowledge I have learned in this field is fascinating. I am still into nursing because it is still the most in demand job in the world. More and more countries need nurses and the demand is increasing. It's not an easy job, in fact a hard one and stressful.
Joyce
Reactions:
Years of practice: 5

Unread post by Joyce »

“Why did I stay in a profession that has been described as hard work for little money?” I stayed because as a nurse, you are uniquely placed to make someone’s life better at any point in their journey. There is no other profession where you can make things better directly for an individual or on a wider scale.
Nurse Lagbaja
Reactions:
Years of practice: 4

Unread post by Nurse Lagbaja »

Great Nurses
Queenet
Head Nurse
Head Nurse
Reactions:

Unread post by Queenet »

The profession of nursing is no doubt rewarding, but also very challenging.
MitchellWarnes
Reactions:
Years of practice: 3

Unread post by MitchellWarnes »

I am a nurse, however, I did not choose nursing per se.

I began as a nursing assistant for one year. I was eager to learn and do more. A year later I became an LPN. With this new role, I still was not satisfied. I loved what I was doing and how I was helping those who could not help themselves.

`13 years later, I became an RN. Nursing is my career. Is not just a job to me. It affords many opportunities and there are so many avenues to try.

It is one of the best feelings to know you are giving back to those who need it no matter if they appreciate it or not.

Nursing is demanding but rewarding.

If you are compassionate, trustworthy, honest, and love people interactions across cultural lines, then come on in to our profession. Nursing.
oluwabukunmi
Reactions:
Years of practice: 3

Unread post by oluwabukunmi »

Nursing is a career choice not a calling so u should be happy to be a nurse,great nurses,I love my job!
Treasure
Reactions:
Years of practice: 5

Unread post by Treasure »

Nursing is a calling many are called few are chosen to be fulfilled and touch lives
Mamatee
Reactions:
Years of practice: 25

Unread post by Mamatee »

nursing is a calling I am proud to be a nurse
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic