Introduce Yourself And with Us Where You Work

Do you have a question only another nurse can handle? This is the place to post it.

Where do you work?

Private Hospital?
22%
Government Hospital?
44%
H.M.O?
No votes
N.G.O?
No votes
School?
No votes
Industrial clinic?
22%
Unemployed
11%

Total votes: 9

Naijanurse
Support Nurse
Support Nurse
Reactions:

Introduce Yourself And with Us Where You Work

Unread post by Naijanurse »

Dear nursing friends,
I am a registered nurse who has worked as a nurse for a while now. I welcome you all to naijanursesforum. I think this place would be a good place to share how we are coping with our job. Kindly introduce yourself, can tell us how long you have been a nurse, your area of specialization and probably sharing your experience of practise in Nigeria or outside Nigeria with us.
Nursing is not just an ART, it has a heART. Nursing is not just a SCIENCE, but it has a conscience
Kareen
Reactions:
Years of practice: 12

Re: Introduce Yourself

Unread post by Kareen »

I am a Nigerian but practise abroad. This is good thinking. Looking forward to hear how nursing is developing at home.
Joyce
Reactions:
Years of practice: 5

Re: Introduce Yourself

Unread post by Joyce »

I am also a Nigerian but based in the state. I just stumble to this site. This is very encouraging coming from home. Let see how this impact development naija thinking and orientation in the way they handle their patient.

Hello everybodyyyy.
Naijanurse
Support Nurse
Support Nurse
Reactions:

Re: Introduce Yourself And with Us Where You Work

Unread post by Naijanurse »

Share with us where you work.
Nursing is not just an ART, it has a heART. Nursing is not just a SCIENCE, but it has a conscience
Queenet
Head Nurse
Head Nurse
Reactions:

Unread post by Queenet »

Participate in voting.
"Changing how the world thinks about nursing".
Royston
Reactions:
Years of practice: 2

Unread post by Royston »

I am a Pakistani Nurse wishing to work in Nigeria for couple of years. I worked in many countries before.
lizah_3
Reactions:
Years of practice: 1

Unread post by lizah_3 »

Welcome!
yemisi
Reactions:
Years of practice: 3

Unread post by yemisi »

Hi everyone,

I'm a registered nurse here in the US and presently work in Presbyterian St. Lukes Hospital here in Denver, Colorado. I work on the medsurg floor and sometime float to tele floor. I was a banker in Nigeria, but after relocating to the US I got bored and wanted something different...so I opted to be a nurse. I'm yet to regret my decision till date. I have always wondered what its like being a nurse in Nigeria since I never knew any about it before I left; the only thing I knew back then was that they all wear gown and some kind of crown. Also I cant remember ever seeing a male nurse, so I kind feel embarrassed sometimes when I tell my friends that I'm a nurse.

Please don't get me wrong, Im proud to be a nurse and in fact its been one of the best decision I've ever made. Nursing is a very honorable profession and very rewarding as well. I plan to start my NP program next year and with the new health care law over here, nurse practitioners are more empowered to practice better. I'm really interested in doing some sort of exchange program; whereby I can work in Nigeria as a nurse for 2 months in a year and return back here. I want to do this so I can understand what nursing is like in the motherland. My long term plan after retirement to buy a mobile home (RV) equipped with basic health education materials and travel from one village to another in Nigeria teaching basic health education.

Again, its a great honor to be a part of this forum.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

@ Yemisi, you are welcome. Looking forward to see more of you and more useful resources.
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Teresa
Reactions:
Years of practice: 5

Unread post by Teresa »

I am a professional writer and I am working in a well known online writing service. I had completed several thesis papers for students.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic