Nurses Week 2016 is coming very soon! Are you set to have a good time?
Many would lament that there is just no money in the budget or provided by management to go all out this year. Well, we think you can still have fun if we use a little creativity and a lot of humor!
Below are some ideas to get the party started:
1. The year theme of days. It can be a Culture of safety it start with you or something else.
2. Encourage everyone to get involved. Invite the management, everyone from all the departments, the doctors, security, patients and family members, etc.
3. Nurses Week Contest : Prizes of unspeakable value are in order, but if nothing else, a hand shake for the winners is a must.
4. Cartoon Caption Contest. Post cartoon(s) on your bulleting board and have participants fill in their own captions.
5. Food/Beverages. How about preparing some fun snacks for your patient? Drink down some fun juices, Kool Aid, and others that you enjoyed as a kid. It can be as good as a think!
A Note for Management: Walk Your Talk
Be willing to overcome the fear of foolishness. Don't be afraid to look a little silly: a goofy hat, tie, a silly button, socks, two different shoes - come on, be brave! Set the tone and encourage others to follow your lead.
There's no excuse not to recognize the contributions of the hard working and dedicated staff, even if money is tight. They deserve it!
From Naija Nurses Forum we happy nurses week