Should Nurses apply for jobs with photocopies of their license

Do you have a question only another nurse can handle? This is the place to post it.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Should Nurses apply for jobs with photocopies of their license

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Thinking about this topic, i've been wondering who the focus of this post should be - Nurses or doctors or both. In almost every private hospitals in Nigeria, you find 'Auxiliary Nurses' working as Nurses and Midwives, you find a lot of these misguided people in Abia, Port Harcourt, Lagos.

It's so bad that often times, they are duly recognised and acknowledged as trained Nurses by patients.
Little wonder there is such certificate as "Auxiliary Nurse certificate" shamelessly and thoughtlessly received by these "students".

Like I said earlier, I really don't know the particular group to address but let me just keep typing.

The rate at which private hospitals collect copies of registration and license from unsuspecting Nurse applicants, deny them employment and turn around to present these documents to NMCN officials on inspection is painfully alarming.

Most times, these hospitals fake up duty rosters with your names on it and tell council officials that you are off duty. They work with auxiliary nurses but present documents of registered Nurses and Midwives who are not their staff.

The lugubrious part of it is that these council officials would always swallow these lies without proper investigation.
Our society is really sick courtesy of those that live in it.

These hospitals collect either Nurses or Midwives documents from unsuspecting (and sometimes, struggling) applicants and end up employing auxiliary nurses who collect lesser pay.

You struggled possibly for several years to study and pass council exams. You fasted. You paid all the fees and endured all the humiliation in schools of nursing.

Now that you have fulfilled all the requirements and got registered and licensed, one crook wants to shortchange your efforts for his selfish gain.

Many of us just passed our council exams and hoping that once you settle down(especially after receiving your notification and license), you will just get work. Yes, but if God didn't capture the hearts of the doctors within your location, you are going to experience same thing.

This post is finally addressing the nurses and midwives. I didn't plan it that way, maybe it's because they are the worst hit by the grave consequences of these acts. They are the ones that run out to be the sore losers in the end.

One doctor told me that he can't pay registered nurses, he is better off with auxiliary nurses. Such shamelessness!!!
I told him to pack up until he can afford to pay.

Then you hear the auxiliary nurses say, "we are better in practicals. Registered nurses just pass us in theory". Yet she commits countless mistakes on daily basis.

Times has come for nurses and midwives to start giving their profession respect and protect their dignity.

They must live in such a way as to have a positive story to tell the next generation of nurses.

By Ernest Okafor
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Re: Should Nurses apply for jobs with photocopies of their license

Smart way of employing Quack Nurses by private hospitals. So protect your hard-earned certificates from the Ill-will act by private hospitals

Ismail Nasiru
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Going forward, apply only with your notification and present license only at interview.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Blessing Abah Igomu
Tolulope Ayelabowo during job application don't include your license, on interview show them the original license and keep it back, only give them a photocopy on resumption of duty as a nurse there

Tolulope Ayelabowo
But if I leave the place after a while what will I do

This very true
Thank you for the information.

Jane Umunnah
Igbikinyo William what if you send your license via scanning but still the original is still with you, is it appropriate, please help a fellow..
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Elizabeth Ejiofor
Really

Mas'ud Garba Suleman Kafinmaiyaki
This is a very important point to be discussed. The NMCN need to sit on on it and change the pattern of supervision and accreditation of private health facilities by the way of physical presentation of documents including The practicing license. Hence, I urge any RN Nurse apply for a particular job in private health facility should not submit his / her own copy of license, otherwise, they will continue enjoying your hardship and leaving you stranded waiting for a job.
Agboye Rukevwe
This information is so true... that's exactly what they do now
Goodnews Nma
Apply with your photocopies but No license photocopy until your resumption day.
The truth is that we are our problem...some of the nurses heading the clinics in the name of matron are the ones perpetrating this evil while they train the auxillaries..
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Goodnews Nma
Alexander Elizabeth Nneka photocopies of other credentials but NO LICENSE PHOTOCOPY
Bene Nkiru Ezenwa Anyaele
The NMCN can device a way of stopping this by demanding to see the owners of these certifications and licenses or original copies. This can be achieved by liaison with the ministry of health and hospital registration board.
NMCN should sponsor a bill for the inclusion of nurse registry in some of these places.
Jennifer Akanle Tolas
They are suppose to collect details in writing and photocopies of certificate not license.
Salihu Hussaini
If that is truth, we should stop applying with our license. So that they can form any allegations on us. My is just advise please.
Ifunanya Nancy Onyeche
Wowowowow this is serious, so some one maybe fronting my license somewhere without my knowledge?
Oluwabunmi Oluwatoyin Olukankun
No it is wrong.D license can be asked for during an interview prior to d employment offer or can be sighted at resumption of duty on first day of employment.
Alexander Elizabeth Nneka
Please Show them your real License during interview day and keep it, let them not photocopy it
Don't allow them take it out of your sight.
Don't give them photocopy of it.
Abiodun Adetayo
i remembered a time i went for a locum at a private hospital for a part time job but was declined i humbly requested for my credentials including my license the doctor was trying to tell me some trash i told him I won't leave without collecting my documents i came for job you didn't offer me no be to return my credentials to me? after 15 mins he handed me my credentials and i left even happier.
Mwasu Lawuna Gobum
Honestly, I am hearing this for the first time. If that be the case, I suggest that application should not be submitted with license and indicate in your application letter that the license will be presented on the day of interview!
olufemi iseyemi fola
ACNO
ACNO
Reactions:
Years of practice: 30

Unread post by olufemi iseyemi fola »

Hello Admin, I'm a new graduate nurse, I have a question to ask you I'm presently working in a foreign hospital here in Nigeria and there is need for accreditation in which they will be using our licenses

Will the hospital have to pay us for that or not sure?

Answer: As long as you are working in the facility as a nurse and they are paying you salary, they have the right to use your (their staff) license for accreditation or as the case maybe.

The facility will need to present their staff list and for the positions that require license to work, they will need to present their Licenses as evidence of employing qualified personnel for that position. Facilities are not just paying for you as a person they are also paying for that your license per month, so negotiate well. It is the right of a facility to use their staff license for accreditation. They don't need to pay you for that as long as they employ use and paying your salary
Joyce
Reactions:
Years of practice: 5

Unread post by Joyce »

Please Is it okay to summit a photocopy of your license at a hospital you went for an interview?
No please, you can only summit your CV and if they insisted on your license, you can just show it to them and collect it back.
You can only give them the photocopy only when you're given the job
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic