WHY WATCH ANOTHER TAKE OVER YOUR DUTIES MIDWIFE

Do you have a question only another nurse can handle? This is the place to post it.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

WHY WATCH ANOTHER TAKE OVER YOUR DUTIES MIDWIFE

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

A midwife is a person who has successfully completed a midwifery education programme that is recognised in the country where it is located and that is based on the ICM Essential Competencies for Basic Midwifery Practice and the framework of the ICM Global Standards for Midwifery Education; who has acquired the requisite qualifications to be registered and/or legally licensed to practice midwifery and use the title ‘midwife’; and who demonstrates competency in the practice of midwifery. Scope of Practice

The midwife is recognised as a responsible and accountable professional who works in
partnership with women to give the necessary support, care and advice during pregnancy, labour and the postpartum period, to conduct births on the midwife’s own responsibility and to provide care for the newborn and the infant. This care includes preventative measures, the promotion of normal birth, the detection of complications in mother and child, the accessing of medical care or other appropriate assistance and the carrying out of emergency measures.

The midwife has an important task in health counselling and education, not only for the
woman, but also within the family and the community. This work should involve antenatal education and preparation for parenthood and may extend to women’s health, sexual or reproductive health and child care.

A midwife may practise in any setting including the home, community, hospitals, clinics or health units.
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Re: WHY WATCH ANOTHER TAKE OVER YOUR DUTIES MIDWIFE

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

I am a young midwife, I have been a midwife for 3 years at a Tertiary national hospital in labour ward.

I'm interested in assisting young mothers on fair family planning option. I advocate for PPIUD as it is convenient. I practically insert the IUD whenever the women consent soon after delivery .
"Midwives for a better reproductive health"
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic