Who protect the interest of private nurses?

Do you have a question only another nurse can handle? This is the place to post it.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Who protect the interest of private nurses?

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

About 60% of nurses in Nigeria are employed and work private hospitals, clinic, corporate organization, and oil companies. They are faced with many challenges ranging from poor and stagnated salary, workplace harassment, and sometimes taking blame for what you do not know just to mention a few.

Many private nurses wish local or state NANNM could come to their rescue or get good support from this body. The issue of auxiliary would have been much better resolved where the state branches consider the interest of private nurses.

I have heard of Association off General Private Nursing Practitioners Of Nigeria (AGPNP), I wish this body is strong enough to defend many working at private hospital where many directors refuse to pay staffs or sack without any compensation.
Private employed nurses in different hospital deserve better working conditions and I know that a good interaction will be a better one for the profession.

I look forwards to your comments. Happy New Year.
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Re: Who protect the interest of private nurses?

copied from facebook group
Isabella E Amaitem: You are very correct @Kunle Emmanuel. Something has to be done and fast too!
Hilary Aibangbee: The major work on this issue is with the National NANNM, they need to wake up,i have said this over again,they need to set policies that can work well for the Nigeria nurses,i can't really phantom out what and what the National president of NANNM (AAA) has don/achieved since he assumed office;they need to set a lay down rules that every state NANNM/unit will follow in terms of this Auxiliary Nurses issue, if we can get that right, every nurse working in a private hospital will benefit greatly from it..in terms of their salaries and respect.
Hilary Aibangbee: The time has even come for the NANNM constitution to be visited; whereby the nurses working in the private sector can be allowed to contest for positions in the NANNM election, because there are a lot of Nurses that have vision and drive to move this profession forward that are working in private sector, they need to be Incorporated into the Nannm body, he shouldn't just be for nurses working in Teaching hospitals,state hospitals and Local govt hospitals....Thats my take.
Kunle Emmanuel :At Hilary, respect is a scares word when you work with this private hospitals. Very few hospitals acknowledge your work despite all contribution. Revising the constitution to accommodate those in private organisation will be a good recommendation. Before that is done, there must be a plan in place for them.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Hilary Aibangbee @kunle: i have mention this in one of our meetings,that is there no way we can place a fixed salary for our nurses in private hospital (eg : No nurse working in a private hospital should earn below #50k;& d qualification will determine how much will be added to dat 50k) just like oversea:canada and Us to be precise were a nurse is been paid $45 per hr,$40,$35,$30 per hour.& it doesn't go below that from my findings...and the response I got when I presented it was that,with out we eradicating the auxiliary nurses from the system that can't be fissionable ,which is very very correct,and another response was that our country Nigeria has not develop to that extent yet...so @ mr kunle: I believe if we can eradicate the Auxiliary nurses out of the system, the Registered Nurses will be respected by those MD's of private hospitals along side the patient.
Kunle Emmanuel: I think your expectation to 50k is possible where we all sensitize and good information on what is the salary range in your location. I tried to bring it up on my website for the benefit of us all but the response fall short of expectation. Despite the issue of auxillary, i believe we deserve better than a registered nurses in some state collecting 25k Read this link..viewtopic.php?f=5&t=874&p=2165
Olayiwola Abiodun Olusegun: The AGPNP as I know is a very strong body on their own and NANNM as a body is a strong body on their own too but the two bodies work differently .These two bodies have the same common denominator NURSES in common.Not until they work together as a unit,there can/may not be any way out.The status quo will be same. But if they can collaboratively work as a team,Oh! some other dirty deals will be revealed and the private Nurses will be placed where they belong..
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Ifeoma Okoye oh, l love this. am staying in Kubwa Abuja and unbelievable notice most hospital are using auxiliary nurses(doctors) in place of registered nurses. don't know I will see such in Abuja. I planed with one of my friend to go round Kubwa, get the names and phone numbers of registered nurses in different facility and organise a meeting that will help us to know ourselves and from there we will know colleagues at work place that is not part of us. in so doing, we will be able to give information abt their duty and when to catch them on duty with uniform. secondly, discuss salary as doctors within this vicinity had meeting concerning what they will pay which is between 30_40k in Kubwa Abuja. I started it but didn't complete it as I put to bed. though was able to get some nurses numbers and place of work. can list d names of most host in Kubwa precisely that are using auxiliaries. this is disgusting. we need to do something. am available for this move. please involve nurses working in private hospital to enable us checkmate quarks.
Douglas Uranta: Nurse Kunle Emmanuel who will take care of nurses under military and para military organisations ? Nursing profession has been bastardized by those organisations! In fact, they applies divide and rule methods and enmusculates the profession.Nurses are discriminated against and poorly renuminated!!! The clarion call is for NANNM to investigates and profer rapid solutions.
Kunle Emmanuel @ Ifeoma, first step is get the information of who responsible for monitoring hospitals in Abuja. I mean agency like HEFEMA in Lagos. @Douglas I'm surprised you do not belong to NANNM. Even at that, there should be a common ground to reach the association.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic