Regulate and Monitor Auxiliary Nurses Training

Do you have a question only another nurse can handle? This is the place to post it.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Re: Regulate and Monitor Auxiliary Nurses Training

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Jennifer Uwachi
My dear all this is rubbish,whether regularized or not, an auxiliary is always and auxiliary, they don't know their limit, as far as they we're thought, they will like to show up at any time,the worst now is rubbing shoulder with a registered nurse, our wonderful colleague training them in their facilities,then on the other hand I blame the NMCN for not doing anything about this for a long time now, it is only in this profession that I can see that, why won't they be auxiliary doctors , or lab scientist, is high time NMCN should stand and do something about this, or else they will be increase in maternal and child mortality rate.
Berty Chukwunyerem Donnelle
The poster has a point to some extent, we Nurses are so good in coming to social media to rant and insult ourselves without a way forward. Does it mean that we are so shallow minded or what? The auxillary nurses in the real world are the nurse assistance. Nigerian is an underworld where everything is zig-zag. Truly we are fighting quakery in nursing but if those [NMCN & govt] who are meant to put things in order are not doing the needful then we will continue to lament.
Lagos State is about to introduce another set of people called community nurse, a 2 year program for incompetent fellow who will at the end of the day call themselves Nurses and the lives of our loved ones will be in their hands in the community. Meanwhile, thousands of nurses graduate from every part of the state annually. What happens to the midwives who studied for 3 years to help mothers in the community? Why are they not given the job? Why creating another body? All in the name of degrading the profession. At least I stay in Lagos and I see the huge crowd that comes for job hunting in LASUTH, PHC AND HSC and at the end few are called does it mean that those who are not called are dumb or failed the test? PHC is even worst, u will be employed as locum staff and u will remain a locum staff for 10 years if care is not taken. Why can't they employe more nurses in the community? What do they mean by community nurse? Are they telling us that our years in school of nursing and midwifery is a waste happens to the rest? Let's be realistic and face the truth! It is only when the govt and nmcn do the right thing, private hospitals will follow sooth. Auxillary nurses cannot be eradicated in 100 years to come unless u put them in the place where they belong.
They are almost in every hospitals in Lagos not to talk of the other state..... If u like post 1million videos of them, u are only promoting them and they will continue polluting the nursing profession.
I repeat, put them in the place where they belong. Auxillary nurses are nurses assistance, they make ur work easier, u send them simple errands like serving bedpan to patient, changing linen, checking of vitals and report result to the nurse in charge.....etc at the end of the day ur work is made easier.
Glory Ekpenyong

your write have make sense but you have to understand that what the call Auxiliary nurse or nurse assistance isn't what you wrote here. Assuming they are working as one, it won't have bothered us much but they presumed they are nurses already and can do the work of a nurse and they think they're better than Registered Nurses. And they're causing so much havoc in rendering patient's care because they don't really understand what patient's condition is and demand. Come to think of it... I'm equally blaming the NNMC for some of this happening. I recalled my boss daughter coming back from USA who is a medical Dr and practice there asking me who gave Auxiliary nurse the right to run a shift alone and administer drugs to patients without supervision from registered nurse supervision. That she doesn't want to see that again. Meaning that there's job specification.
Oluwatoyin Adegbembo

nursing assistants in every other sane country ASSISTS the nurses. They never work independently. They don’t give medications, they don’t take deliveries, hell no. They don’t work as nurses. They don’t call themselves nurses. They work under nurses to take vitals, they clean up patients, lay beds, feed patients. That’s what they do. These ones here in Nigeria function as nurses . They use them fully as nurses not nurse assistants.
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic