N&MCN, NANNM News Release and Admission News
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Quarterly Nursing Excelence Award and Recognition

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Nigeria Nurses are faced with many challenges at work and yet we still care for our entire patient. In spite of these challenges we devoted our time and energies pursuing the wellbeing of our patients and improvement of the work environment.

NAIJA NURSES FORUM.COM wants to acknowledge; encouraged and motivate to render more services to humanity. Nominate yourself or nursing colleague whom you think deserves our QUARTERLY NURSING EXCELLENCE AWARD AND RECOGNITION and let’s celebrate with this fellow.
:D

1. What is the individual’s legacy?
How significant is their achievement? How will we remember their contribution? Will they leave the profession in a better place than when they joined it? Did they engineer substantial change that had an impact on patient care? Were they the first to perform their role? Or, perhaps their achievements took place in a challenging environment, facing additional barriers? Have they achieved results by working collaboratively and recognising individual contributions?

2. Are they a good role model?
We want nominees who demonstrate that they care for their teams, provide a safe, educational environment in which they encourage their teams to grow and do their jobs effectively. They must ensure team members are valued and show respect and compassion to each other. They must set performance goals and support their teams in delivering them, and champion learning and personal development.

3. Impact
How do they use their influence? How do they improve practice and care?

4. Extent of the nurse leader’s impact
Does the person have influence over your hospital or institution? How do they affect nursing policy, practice and patient care? Are they a good role model? Have they a vision that improves services and care, and do they communicate this in a way that is compelling and exciting, yet feels achievable?

5. Influence across different areas of healthcare
Do they hold a number of positions across nursing or exert influence in a number of ways? Do they understand how health and social care services fit together, interconnect and interact? Are they flexible in using different organisations to create a better service and outcomes for patients?

Appreciate your co-workers for their strengths!
[/size]
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
olufemi iseyemi fola
ACNO
ACNO
Reactions:
Years of practice: 30

Re: Quarterly Nursing Excelence Award and Recognition

Unread post by olufemi iseyemi fola »

Nomination.
I nominate ICU nurses for dedication to service award.
They are different from all other nurses in terms of hard work, zeal, commitment, ability to face all odds , demonstration of knowledge. They are assertive and ever ready to work against all odds to achieve good patient care. More importantly they possess knowledge and scientific skills in handling their patients. Their ability and agility is incomparable. They wear human face in discharging their duties.

They are the star of modern scientific nursing practice in the application of nursing process, nanda , nic and noc, hence they are called "Nurses with the third eye" .

ICU nurses in Luth deserve great encouragement and appreciation, ditto to all Critical care nurses all over the world.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

You can also celebrate them with your group posted here.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

moyo.jpg
Móyòsóreolúwa Adeife, we celebrate your courage and tenacity in upholding the ethics of the profession you loved and will not be deter by any so called diabolic MD who demanded that you come kneeling down every morning in your uniform in his office.

You have encourage and change the orientation of many others that are passing through many more disgusting practices in private hospitals in the name of working for one low minded MD.

We are all proud and impressed by your stand. Keep your head up. You have a future ahead of you.

We look forward seeing in a better job work environment. To all senior colleagues, let’s give her a lift for well deserving job.

Below is her contribution
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Móyòsóreolúwa Adeife wrote:

MY FIRST EXPERIENCE AS A STAFF NURSE.
Day 1: It has been the normal practice of the hospital, whenever the M.D resumes, he rings the intercom to the nursing station and the nurses and other members of staff will gather in his office to greet him. Being on uniform and seeing other staffs kneeling to greet him, i decided to squat and greet him, and then he said, "am i the one u're greeting like that? On your knees and greet properly" Reluctanctly, i did so(so sorry i disappointed u). And we all left.

Day 2: I decided am not going to go with other staffs, maybe to go to toilet or go upstairs to check on the only patient on bed, but my plans failed, when the M.D came, being the normal 'ritual', we all went in, my colleague in front did as usual, and then i bowed to greet him.

M.D: u, did i not correct u yesterday about greeting me? step aside.

ME: sorry sir, with all due respect sir, nurses don't kneel on uniform sir,

M.D: (frowns) what do u mean? My sister who is a captain kneels on her uniform to greet me, now, kneel down and greet me(in a command tone).

ME: am sorry sir, i can't its against the profession.

M.D: then i think you will have to tender your resignation letter, how do you greet your father on uniform?

ME: i bow sir.

M.D: your father? That means u can't obey our laws here?

ME: i can sir, But to kneel on uniform, i can't.

M.D: Then i think u have to be relieved of your duty.

ME: Thank you sir.

And then i left his office, changed my uniform and left the hospital being satisfied that i have my integrity and the Noble profession to protect.

I must confess it wasn't that easy, but thanks to Mr Iyiola Ebenezer.

Thank you for reading.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Steve Seun Onoviran Deep calls to the deep... I recall today as a major epoch making history made. So far, if we Can make our stand and stand the risk of loss of monetary values; Then we understand that greater values exist and lifting up higher those values than money makes a clear prediction about your future! For the things unseen are of deeper, higher and greater weight of Glory than all the monies in this world! Please seek to pursue at all costs higher education, higher knowledge, greater import of opportunities in the academia... the means shall be provided by God and He shall show you the pathway to that greatness.
Moyo, it is a whole lot of future ahead! See you @ the Alumni conference @ ELEYELE tomorrow.
Sherifat Lawal Bravo to Moyo,she belongs to the group that will complete the liberation of nurses from the shackles of the doctors not only in private institutions but also in some Govt owned facilities.
Please keep it up and by the grace of God you will get a better job where you will be appreciated
Abiola Balogun Akintomide With your courage you are a role model to some, NURSING is indeed your calling. The sky will be your stepping stone. Better then the best job is coming your way
Teresa
Reactions:
Years of practice: 5

Unread post by Teresa »

Thanks for the info. Awards can encourage and motivate nurses. I have read an essay about nursing in the webpage of essay writing service UK
ThomasSorensen
Reactions:
Years of practice: 5

Unread post by ThomasSorensen »

Awards are the best reward for their hard work and dedication. Your post is very specific and get more information about the nursing excellence award. Case study report writing services
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Nigerian Healthcare Excellence Award 2016

NHEA is an initiative of Global Health Projects and Resource in Partnership with Anadach Group as Knowledge partner.
NHEA will recognize the most deserving individuals or organisations who Champion, compassion, courage and winning mindsets.

Doctors, Nurses, Laboratory Scientist and Medical Engineers who have contributed towards reaching the goal of quality and affordable healthcare in the country will be celebrated.
NHEA 2016 will be held in the presence of the Nigerian Healthcare community leaders, representatives of private and government organizations and renowned members of sectors affiliated to the industry. Different stakeholders from the healthcare sector, policy policy maker, diplomats, CEO's senior executives, eminent personalities,
Pharmaceutical companies, NGO Health media and industrialist will attend.

Award Categories

- Category A:- Special Awards
1. Lifetime Achievements Award
2. Outstanding State Government Healthcare Programme of the Year
3. Outstanding CSR Health Project of the Year
4. Health Care Media Excellence Award-Print
5. Health Care Media Excellence Award-Electronic

- Category B:- Health Care Delivery Services
1. Private Healthcare Provider of the Year.
2. Public Healthcare Provider of the year
3. Private Laboratory Service Provider of the Year
4. Public Laboratory Service Provider of the year
5. Radiology Service Provider of the Year
6. Health Maintenance Organization of the Year.
7. Innovative Healthcare Service provider of the Year
8. Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Award
9. IVF Service Provider of the year.
10. Dialysis Service Provider for the year.
11. Eye Care Service Provider of the Year.
12. Dental Service Provider of the Year.
13. Physiotherapy Service Provider of the Year
14. Primary Healthcare Provider of the year.
15. Secondary Healthcare Provider of the Year.
16. Tertiary Healthcare Provider of the Year.

- Category C:- Biomedical Technology
1. Biomedical Engineering Service Company of the Year.
2. Healthcare Information Technology Provider of the Year.
3. Healthcare equipment marketing company of the Year.

- Category D:- Pharmaceuticals
1. Pharmaceutical Retail Outlet of the Year
2. Pharmaceutical Operation Excellence
3. Excellence in Pharmaceutical Research and Development

The nominated organizations and individuals will compiled by an independent group.

Submit nominations to:
Global Health Projects and Resources
Tel: 01-3424743, 08051444457, 08180740031,
08035012022, 08025352254
Email: [email protected]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic