N&MCN, NANNM News Release and Admission News
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

NANNM ABUTH STRIKE SUSPENDED

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

ABUTH NURSES...The Strike has been suspended.All Nurses should resume immediately. Thank you for your cooperation.

BY: Solomon Danmori
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Re: NANNM ABUTH STRIKE SUSPENDED

The strike in ABUTH was a success. all minor demands met on first contact. Major issue that was the main focal reason which? was based on IAP Award of 1980, was also met. Only two issues are yet to be fully resolved, vis, 28days in lieu of accomodation and skipping of CONHESS 10. These are receiving urgent attention. All facilities facing Harmonization crisis should urgently demand for that right.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

ABUTH NURSES STRIKE, LESSONS LEARNT....
The strike embarked upon by NANNMM ABUTH Chapter was suspended on Friday 19th July 2013, thanks to the intervention of His Royal Highness the Emir of Zazzau Alh (Dr) Shehu Idris OFR. The strike has come and gone and we hope that it will not repeat itself again. It is obvious that this was the most effective strike ever embarked by ABUTH NURSES . So much has take place during this near two weeks strike and valuable lessons were learn t.

WHAT ARE THESE LESSONS?
1. That NANNM is both a trade union and a professional body, therefore it can not be ignored by most senior Nurses. If the top nursing brass of ABUTH have taken hid of the information given ti them by their professional body (NANNM ), they would have avoided the embarrassing situation of going against the will of the whole Nurses in ABUTH.

2. That nurses are ignorant of their rights and privileges, this is seen in the fact that nurses, yes, even senior nurses are not aware of IAP award or even its provision. If this knowledge deficit is no corrected, we will continue to have problems like this.

3. Some nurses have lost sight on the principles of trade unionism, which is built on SOLIDARITY. That union don't fight only for what they will gain only but, also for others. That it took more than 3 years to achieve this is an obvious sign of lack of SOLIDARITY.

4. On a positive note ABUTH NURSES have demonstrated an uncommon sense of solidarity to those affected. The strike was total in all ramification and despite some resistance it was successful.

5. ABUTH NURSES use of networking via social media and telecommunication has work well in the execution of the strike. This should be emulated.

6. ABUTH NURSES strike monitoring team did a marvelous job. They operated both overtly and covertly.

7. The NANNM Exco in ABUTH have proven that they are evidence based nurses by arming themselves with documents to back up their claims. This is important at all times for nurses going for strike to have. so much has been learned by this strike, but the one to keep in mind is that ABUTH NURSES were united and have shown strong solidarity for those affected. For that alone it is certain that nurses in ABUTH will not not be toyed with by
management again.

ALUTA CONTINUA, VICTORIA ACERTA!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nursedave
Reactions:
Years of practice: 6

Unread post by nursedave »

Pls am a periop nuse and sec to nannm in my unit..how can I get hold of the circular from the minister of education on the placement of RN on conhess 7 step 1..I need d evidence urgently cos some nurses are about to be downgraded to conhess 6 in my hospital
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

@ nursedave, click on this link and lets know if this is what u want. http://www.naijanursesforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=116
nursedave
Reactions:

Thanks very much..does this circular supercede the scheme of service?..this is because my hosp management is saying it is stated in d scheme of service dat single qualified is grade level 7..I need clarification so that I wil be well prepared before I present the document to management..does it apply to state teaching hospitals cos d hospital in question is state university teaching hospital
nursedave
Reactions:

I also want to knw if the nurses have been paid d 28 days allowance..my hosp mgt is sayin dat it is not done anywhere within d state therefore it is not our due..is the 28 days allowance a RIGHT or a PRIVILEDGE...I think it is a RIGHT as long as it is stated in black n white in the federal civil service booklet..what is your opinion?..thanks
peterstrong
Reactions:
Years of practice: 5

Unread post by peterstrong »

I need clarification so that I wil be well prepared before I present the document to management
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic