N&MCN, NANNM News Release and Admission News
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

How to Register for CGFNS Exam in Nigeria

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

The registration for CGFNS can be done either online or mail. Read on to know more about the registration procedure for CGFNS.

Registration Procedure for CGFNS

Registration Procedure for CGFNS
This program is specially and uniquely designed for registered and first level nurses. They are educated outside the U.S.A and they need to get through the CGFNS exam for further practices in the states. The registration procedure for the same is simple and easy. Read on to know about the CGFNS registration.

CGFNS Registration

ONLINE REGISTRATION-
Online registration can be done from the official website (http://www.cgfns.org). You need to have a credit card for that. They accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover/Novus.
NOTE: American Express card is not accepted.

REGISTRATION BY MAIL
You can download CGFNS form from its official website. You need to fill all the details correctly including a completed CGFNS credit card payment form, an international money order or a certified bank check. It should be “payable” to CGFNS.
Mail your form and other documents on the given address:
CGFNS International,
Suite 400,
3600 Market Street,
Philadelphia,
PA 19104-2651, USA.

ELIGIBILTY
The eligibility for this program requires a nurse to hold both initial and current registration as a first level, general nurse as defined by the International Council of Nurse (ICN). At the first level a nurse is called a registered or professional nurse in most countries around the world.

A second level nurse is an enrolled, professional, practical nurse or nurse assistant is not eligible to be licensed as a registered nurse in the United States and therefore is not eligible for the Certification Exam. A general nurse must have received theoretical instruction and clinical practice is many nursing areas. A nurse who specialized in one area without being educated and registered as a general nurse is not eligible for the Certification exam either. The main points are:
•The candidates should have successfully completed Higher Secondary School Education
•The candidates should have graduated from a Govt. Approved Nursing school

The candidates should hold a valid license/registration to practice as a general nurse.
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Re: How to Register for CGFNS Exam

WHAT IS THE CGFNS CERTIFICATION PROGRAM AND WHAT ARE THE ELEMENTS?
The CGFNS Certification Program is designed to predict an applicant's likelihood of passing the NCLEX-RN and becoming licensed as a registered nurse in the United States.

The Certification Program is a three-part program. Upon successful completion of all three elements of the program, the applicant is awarded a CGFNS Certificate. Applicants must successfully complete all three parts of the Certification Program in order to earn the CGFNS Certificate.

The three parts of the program include:

A credentials review.
A Qualifying Exam of nursing knowledge.
An English language proficiency examination.

CREDENTIALS REVIEW
CGFNS evaluates an applicant's education and registration credentials to certify that the applicant is a first-level, general nurse and meets all of the registration requirements to be licensed as a professional in that field.

REQUIREMENTS TO MEET:

Applicants must have completed a senior secondary school education separate from their nursing education
Must have graduated from a government-approved nursing program of at least two years in length; and received theoretical instruction and clinical practice in nursing care of the adult (including medical and surgical nursing), maternal/infant nursing care, nursing care of children and psychiatric/mental health nursing. Note: All transcripts must come directly from source agencies.
Applicants must have a full and unrestricted license/registration to practice as a first-level, general nurse in the country where they completed their general nursing education; and hold a current license/registration as a first-level, general nurse.
Note: All validations must come directly from the source agencies.

CGFNS Qualifying Exam
The CGFNS Qualifying Exam of nursing knowledge is offered three times a year at more than 40 locations spanning the globe.

For a complete list of CGFNS' Qualifying Exam sites and dates visit: www.cgfns.org.

The exam is divided into two parts with a total of 260 questions. Applicants are given two hours and 30 minutes for Part 1, which includes 150 questions. After breaking for lunch, applicants are given one hour and 50 minutes to complete Part 2, consisting of 110 questions.

The Qualifying Exam measures an applicant's nursing knowledge and is based on what nurses must know and do when they practice nursing in the United States. The foundations of the Qualifying Exam are based on client (patient) needs. The traditional clinical areas of nursing practice -- nursing care of the adult, nursing care of children, maternal/infant nursing, psychiatric/mental health nursing and community health nursing -- are covered.

The exam ensures that an applicant has the same level of understanding of nursing with various client groups, in various settings, as recent graduates of U.S. schools of nursing.

Both the CGFNS Qualifying Exam and the NCLEX-RN are based on the same framework of client needs because it provides a universal structure for defining nursing actions and competencies across all settings for all clients.

English Language Proficiency Exam
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is currently used to meet the English language proficiency requirement of the Certification Program. TOEFL is administered worldwide by the Educational Testing Service (ETS). The exam measures listening, comprehension, structure and written expression and reading comprehension.

Applicants must successfully complete TOEFL and the Qualifying Exam within a two-year period in order for test scores to be considered valid. TOEFL may be taken prior to or following the CGFNS Qualifying Exam.

Applicants must apply TOEFL examination

Certain applicants may be exempt from the English language proficiency requirement if they meet all of the following criteria:
  • Native language is English.
    Country of nursing education was Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand or the United Kingdom
    Language of instruction was English; and Language of textbooks was English.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

WHAT ARE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE CGFNS CERTIFICATION PROGRAM?

Complete the CGFNS application form.
Prepare and send a Nursing Education Form to the nursing school where you obtained your diploma/degree to have them send your transcripts directly to CGFNS.
Prepare a Validation of Registration/License form for every license you have ever held and send each form to the issuing authority(ies).
Send a clear copy of your high school diploma or equivalent.
If your diploma is not in English, you will need to send a certified, word-for-word English translation with this form.
Send three signed photographs of yourself and complete the CGFNS Photo Identification Card.
Enclose the application fee in U.S. dollars, drawn on a U.S. bank. Send an international money order or certified bank check payable to "CGFNS" or pay with one of the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard or Discover/Novus.

I WAS NEVER LICENSED IN MY COUNTRY; CAN I STILL TAKE THE CGFNS QUALIFYING EXAM?
No. Applicants applying to the Certification Program must hold a registration/license in their country before becoming eligible to take the CGFNS Qualifying Exam. The only time that this requirement is waived is when applicants are not permitted to sit for the licensing exam in their country of nursing education because they are not citizens.

WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I AM DETERMINED TO BE INELIGIBLE FOR THE CGFNS QUALIFYING EXAM?
CGFNS might be able to provide you with information on how to rectify the deficiency, depending on what part of your application was deficient. If you have not completed a full secondary education, then you can rectify this deficiency by obtaining the GED diploma.

If you are deficient in one or more areas of nursing, then you may correct the deficiencies by completing a course at a government or state-approved school of nursing. You must obtain a grade of C or higher.

WHAT OTHER SERVICES DOES THE CGFNS CERTIFICATION PROGRAM OFFER?
All of the services that CGFNS provides must be made by written request and must include the applicant's signature.
  • Forwarding Nursing Education Information to any school, university or any organization that issues a professional license.
    Verification of Certificate Status to any recipient.
    Replacement Certificate for a lost certificate.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO SEND A COPY OF MY TRANSCRIPTS OR LICENSES TO CGFNS IN THE EVENT IT IS DIFFICULT FOR ME TO OBTAIN DOCUMENTS FROM MY COUNTRY?
No. CGFNS requires all applicant's school(s) and/or licensing authority(ies) send the information directly sent in order to verify accuracy.

HOW DO I PAY FOR THE CGFNS CERTIFICATION PROGRAM?
The application fee can be paid by an international money order or certified bank check in U.S. dollars, drawn on a U.S. bank and made payable to "CGFNS," or by one of the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard or Discover/Novus.

WHAT DO I DO IF I NEED TO CHANGE MY EXAM DATE OR LOCATION AFTER I HAVE BEEN SCHEDULED FOR THE EXAM?
If you need to change the exam date or location you must submit a change request form or submit your request in writing to CGFNS. Change request forms are accepted via mail, fax or email. Changes must be received by CGFNS no later than 10 weeks prior to the exam date. Any requests received with less than 10 weeks until the exam cannot be honored.

CAN I GET A FULL REFUND IF I DROP OUT OF THE CERTIFICATION PROGRAM?
A cancellation must be requested in writing. You will receive an acknowledgment and possible partial refund of your application fee. The refund amount depends on the total amount CGFNS has received from you and the total outstanding charges on your account. As soon as CGFNS opens an application, the applicant is charged a credentials fee as a first-time applicant or as a re-applicant. This fee is non-refundable.

HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO RECEIVE MY CGFNS QUALIFYING EXAM RESULTS?
Approximately eight to ten weeks after taking the CGFNS Qualifying Exam, CGFNS will send you a letter telling you whether you passed or failed the exam. Due to confidentiality, the letter is sent directly to you. No one but you receives your results. Mail delivery varies from country to country, so please allow up to four additional weeks for international deliveries.

DOES CGFNS REQUIRE ALL MY ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS FOR REVIEW?
No not all. CGFNS accepts clear and legible photocopies of certain documents for evaluation. However, be sure to verify if CGFNS will accept your personal documentation or if original verification from the issuing agency is required. In addition, since CGFNS verifies credential authenticity, CGFNS maintains the right to validate any documentation with the source agency.

WHAT IF I NO LONGER HAVE MY ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS AND CANNOT PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY?
If you no longer have your original secondary school diploma, contact the authority that issued your credential and request that they submit an official letter by mail or courier directly to CGFNS verifying your records and results. CGFNS accepts external examination results only if provided by the examination board.

WHAT DO I DO IF MY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION HAS CLOSED?
CGFNS only accepts certain documentation (such as transcripts and validations of registration/ license) from source agencies. If your school has closed or no longer operates, you will need to contact the organization or agency authorized to hold documentation for that institution (such as a ministry of health or the national, provincial or state licensing authority in your country of education). If you are uncertain about where to go, call the CGFNS Customer Service Department.

WHAT IF MY DOCUMENTS ARE NOT IN ENGLISH?
A certified word-for-word English translation, signed with a certification of authenticity by the translator, must accompany any credentials not in English. If you cannot furnish a translation of your documents, CGFNS can provide an official translation of each document for an additional fee. CGFNS will accept translations of documents submitted by source agencies (such as transcripts and validations) only from the issuing authorities. Otherwise, CGFNS will translate documents for the appropriate fee.

DO I NEED TO HAVE VALIDATIONS FOR ALL LICENSES I HAVE HELD TO COMPLETE MY CERTIFICATION PROGRAM APPLICATION?

CGFNS requires all CP (Certificate Program) applicants to provide validations of their initial and current licenses, contact any of our location stated below.

CAN I PROVIDE A PHOTOCOPY OF MY LICENSE INSTEAD OF A VALIDATION?

No. CGFNS requires that official validations must be completed and sent directly from the issuing authorities.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

CGFNS Examination dates in Nigeria:
[/color]

Approval to take the exam

In order to be eligible to take the CGFNS Qualifying Exam during a certain test window, you will have to be approved by the date given in the table below. All of your documents will need to be received and evaluated before that date.

Once you have been approved, you receive an Authorization to Test notification. You may schedule one day during the five-day test window in one of the two months you are authorized to take the exam. For example, if you are approved by 31 January, your five-day test windows are in March and July, so you may pick one day from one of those months.

Register for one exam only. If you select more than one test window, more than one location, or more than one date and time, your exam registration will be cancelled upon review and you will be required to re-register for a single selection.
Exam schedule and closing dates

You can schedule ONE day in ONE of these test windows
  • 12 to 16 November 2012 or 11 to 15 March 2013

11 to 15 March 2013 or 8 to 12 July 2013

8 to 12 July 2013

10 to 14 September, 2013

12 to 16 November, 2013
Changing your exam date

If you need to change your exam date, you may do so by giving 72 hours notice before your scheduled exam

to another day or time in the five-day test window of your originally scheduled exam, without charge
to a day in the later five-day test window you were given, without charge
If you miss your exam, your fee will not be returned and cannot be used for a future exam.

You will not receive a credit if you do not arrive for your scheduled exam.

Go to http://www.cgfns.org/sections/programs/cp/qedates.shtml for a list of current exam dates.

For a list of the exam centers, go to http://www.kryteriononline.com/host_locations/index.asp
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Taking NCLEX outside USA

The following countries currently have nclex test centers are:
Australia, Canada, England, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Mexico, Philippines, Puerto Rico & Taiwan
These centers are all operated by Pearson Vue, the same company that administers the NCLEX in the USA.

You can follow this link to the Pearson Vue website to get more information of setting up your NCLEX test outside of the United States http://www.pearsonvue.com/nclex/.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Re: How to Register for CGFNS Exam in Nigeria

Watch a brief video on CGFNS

For nurses educated outside the United States, all U.S. State Boards of Nursing require credentials evaluation, certification, or verification as a first-step in the application process. Specific requirements differ by state.

CGFNS International meets the specific requirements of each state through the following services:

To apply, nurse applicants may be required to provide evidence of an unencumbered license or registration from the issuing authority where entry-level nursing education was completed.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Next examination dates

1. November 9-13,2015
2. March 14-18, 2016
3. July 11-15, 2016
4. November 14-18, 2016

The dates are available via www.cgfns.org/services/certification-program/
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Hi Abiola,
Please find the attached vendor agreement as discussed in our conversation earlier today. We are hiring nurses that have CGFNS and or NCLEX, and have completed the IELTS exam. If they only have the CGFNS exam completed, we will file them for an immigrant visa using the passing CGFNS scores and IELTS results with visa screen, and then fly them to the US where they will complete the NCLEX exam and begin working. (we will put these candidates through an NCLEX review program to prepare for the NCLEX)
As mentioned, candidates who sign with us and do not yet have the NCLEX would be required to sign a 4 year agreement with us. Those with NCLEX sign a 3 year agreement with us.
All candidates must be open to all of the US and we cannot guarantee a specific placement. They will be required to work where the needs are when they arrive. We do have long term placements for them in the many facilities we staff, but because of the ever changing needs we can never guarantee a specific state or location before they arrive as we do not know that we could get them a job in that area once the visa is released. The salary range is also dependent on the area of the country where they are living and working. For example, the higher range of $28 would be in places such as New York, California, etc. Where the lower range of $24 would be for areas such as Indiana, New Mexico, etc.
Interested? Send your cgfns, ielts, visa screen, nclex result to: [email protected]
Tel: +2348171410444
+2348080981490
By Ateboh Oyinbrakemi

Note this was copied from our Facebook group forum with intension assistant to members.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

RECRUITMENT OF NURSES & MIDWIVES IN UK!!!!
Eleosgroup Nigeria in connection with British council (IELTS), nursing and midwives council in UK,

(NMC REGISTRATION & PART ONE TEXT OF COMPETENCE - CBT)

University of Northampton(PART TWO TEXT OF COMPETENCE (OSCE) , UK & VISA IMMIGRATION(WORK PERMIT) & NHS TRUST(SPONSOR)

Has helped all interested nurses and midwives to simplify the process of migration to UK to practice their profession.
Are you from a non European Union country and are interested in living and working as a nurse in the United Kingdom? Above is information on the Nursing and Midwifery Council application process, the Overseas Nursing Program, the International English Language, information for obtaining your work permit or visa.register now

Eleos group Nigeria
WE ARE PROFESSIONAL IN UK immigration processes
Visit us @no 29 adebajo street kongi new bodija Ibadan
[email protected]
08173355583 whatsapp
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic