N&MCN, NANNM News Release and Admission News
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

THE CRY OF A “DIPLOMA” NURSE

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

My woes know no bound, i am hurt left right and centre.
It seem hopelessness should be my name…..
I am scorn by people from other profession, now it is from my colleagues
They feel I should give way to them for they have arrived…….
That I have not seen the four corners of where they have been to so be not worthy.
Yet it was I, yes I that saw the need for them to see t...hat four corners

I have become like a father who spend all his resources to send his child to school only for the child to call the father an ignorant fool
While you were there I covered for you
When things got hard for you I send you some cash
When they were coming for documentation from the ministry I send for you, when you could not come I lied for you.
I have worked double shift to see you through
When you came I was so PROUD, and I screamed for the whole world to know that nurses too can go to the four corners
But now you look at me with contempt, as if I have leprosy or worse HIV
People from other profession were looking down at us, but now you have isolated yourself and have join them.
But can a child mock his family without mocking himself? NO!!!!!

NOW I desire to go to those four corners that you have been to but you will not allow me
To be release to go has become politics, and rationing has become the formula for who goes or not.
When I got an ‘’open’’ four corner admission you say only conventional four corners count and it must be for five years.
Upgrade my certificate to something that can propel me, you say ’’nay’’ in unison like the senate!!!!
Make the programme in such a way it will be easier to release me you say ‘’nay’’ again
But then I heard the good news I can go to four corners too in a foreign land for a year or two. They say it is just about 3.5 to 5million in local currency. Hah!!!!!! Where do I get that sum with all the responsibility on my head?
Even that you frown at it that it is not poly……… something and not professional, that I must spend five years there before you respect me… ahhhhh!!! I thought it was to be at the four corners that matters and to learn something to make our profession strong.

Looking around me for help and none is found, for you who ought to help have become to me even a bigger problem. If those outside will mock me ignorantly, then you doing same hurts me even more.
I hereby resolve to look after myself, to strive hard to show my worth, to try all within the law to excel, to follow all legal channels to find myself too at the four corners, to learn what you have learn to help those who have not. To put them through, to encourage them to be proud of whom they are. Never to look down on them, put myself above them or ridicule them. I will work earnestly for nursing at all level, use my learning to fight for all nurses not to Lord it over them as people from other profession have done to us.

But, if I cannot find myself at the four corners, then I will not allow those that have been there to make me have inferiority complex. If those from other profession did not, then those from my profession cannot make me lose my self-esteem.

LET WHAT YOU LEARN FROM THE FOUR CORNERS OFFER SOLUTIONS NOT CREAT PROBLEMS.

I WILL CRY NO MORE FOR THERE IS HOPE.

Written by Solomon Danmori
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.