N&MCN, NANNM News Release and Admission News
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Joint strikes by Johesu has NO benefit To Nurses

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Nurses are only being used to ground and destabilize health facilities for other cadres to actualise their demands. Can any nurse tell this forum what nurses actualised from past joint strikes.

With our numerical strength and challenges faced, nurses are suppose to go on strike if the need arise alone (stand alone). We don't need any health related union to present our case to the government.

The cadre that is treated badly in Nigerian health industry is Nursing; they lack working resources, poor salaries, terribly bad allowances, lack realistic professional growth, lack sponsorship to acquire higher academic laurels, lack laws to protect nurses, etc.

This our follow follow don't too much!

We need to wriggle out of this mess and become a force to be appreciated within the health industry and a force for efficient and effective nursing service delivery.

Aliyu Garba

I stand with you sir.
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Re: Joint strikes by Johesu has NO benefit To Nurses

Olofinlua Tolani Ogunbodede We can stand alone to fight our battles but our leaders are not strong enough to face d challenges.as a strong body we are capable enough to put d health sector on a standstill,pls Nurses should pull out of Johesu ,they are of no benefit to us.
Rahama Maikafi 100% supported sir
Bola Ajepe Jolaogun Yes can stand alone to ask for our rights pls enough of enough.
Safiya Mahmood Always going on strike without achieving anything
Oluyinka Owoyokun I stand with you sir, but we need to get started from now and make our stands count.
Akinyemi Mariam Adeola I support you sir, they are using we nurses to achieve their goals because when nurses are on strike, it's always a terrible blow to the health care system, putting the government to rush and settle the cause of the strike, but when we individually have issues it's always lagging and others health care system won't stand up for us unless they are affected.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Josiah Okesola-Jackson Kunle Emmanuel and Aliyu Garba, this is my take on this....

1. The opinion expressed in the post above will attract a million 'LIKES AND COMMENTS' because it speaks the mind of a vast majority of Nigerian Nurses
2. This kind of factual post are meant to mobilize Nigerian Nurses to ACTION for CHANGE!

But as the the likes and comments keep pouring in the next few days, I am hoping someone will hit the nail on the head and tell nurses the truth here! Not forgetting that the truth is bitter and some people might not have the liver to swallow that bitter pill!

Before that SOMEONE comes along, this is my "PERSONAL OPINION":

1. After this posts has gathered all the likes and comments it deserves, when all has been SAID (as usual), completely exhausted and nothing is left to be said on the forum, when the time finally comes, when all that really matters most is ACTION: I forsee a large chunk of Nurses who come chanting YES, clicking likes and posting beautiful comments on this thread being no where to be found!
Yes, they would have disappeared into thin air!

My point exactly: ARE NIGERIAN NURSES REALLY READY FOR THAT REVOLUTIONARY CHANGE its profession is begging and dying to have?

Will our nurses be bold enough to stand up, come out and take a stand for the kind of cause trigerred by any form of CALL FOR ACTION?

If and WHEN (still waiting endlessly for that time) our NURSING leaders wake up from slumber and decides to take the necessary action, where are the Nurses that will come out to make it work?

The same set of Nurses who in their various units have not attended any union meeting in the last 6 months?

Or the Nurses in private hospitals who do not belong to a union and have been abandoned to their miserable plights?

The nurses who prefer to stay in their "discomfort zone and will start demanding for a call-off in strike action barely one week into a nationwide strike?

While it is an established fact that something is seriously wrong with NURSING leadership in Nigeria, have we simply forgotten that the MENTALITY of Nigerian Nurses also needs a total reorientation before the needed CHANGE can be made?

In the last 5 years, I have seen the huge divisive gap among Nigerian nurses being radically closed up. I have heard different dissenting voices (young and old) all call out for just one thing in common: CHANGE!
I have seen a few nursing leaders, with very good qualities of revolutionary and transformational leadership come out with sleeves rolled up and ready to work.

The big question though is: ARE NIGERIAN NURSES REALLY READY FOR ACTION?

It's been said that: "You cannot be said to be sick and tired until you are tired of being sick and tired!"

Are our nurses really tired of being sick and tired!

30 years of complaining and lamenting, isn't that enough to effect a change?

I pray this post does not go in the way of similar powerful social media posts I have seen in the last five years. I pray fervently look forward to see a set of generation of Nigerian Nurses who will go beyond the wall of social media and stand up to do the needful.

I hope to see all commenting on this wall go beyond words and show convincingly that they are truly ready to make the needed personal sacrifices required for a change!

It's no longer news that Nursing leaders have failed their Nurses! Are our nurses not failing themselves?

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! LESS TALK, MORE ACTION!!!

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. - Charles R. Swindoll
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Bukola Oyedepo Odusola It is high time we stand alone, we are capable. Joining them to fight that is where we loose our right,which no are we now in health sector?Nurses let's wake up
Olufemi Iseyemi Folakemi Group Admin We need courageous leaders with great intelligence, who will use the available resources, human, material especially media and technology, and financial resources to fight our course. We have all it takes to get ourselves off the hook. We really need to be up there.
Fatutu Ayomiposi And we need followers who are not short sighted, who are not sluggish and passive, who are assertive and hungry to break free, break even, break forward and go high; who are not stuck on remaining redundant and ignorant!
Christian Chinedu Thank u for dis post...i think our problem is NANNM. They are only interested in our check of dues, dey hav nothing to offer. Its high time we disorganise NANNM and see if we can forge ahead. Common NMA dat is not even a trade union will always honld government at ransome. We can do that. I plead for young nurses to wake up, we r d ones suffering it. Today we dont have teaching allowance but teach students at d ward and NANNM kept quite, call duty has also been removed, to get uniform allowance is a case not to talk of d micro salary we recieve yet NANNM cannot call its members out for industrial action execpt wen Johesu calls for strike for their own reasons. Its a shame for our leaders cos dey r d cause. I will not forget to use dis oppurtunity to praise our new registra, his antecednts are giving me hope. May God help our profession
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic