The day 2 of the NMCN Desk officers training commenced yesterday. A major highlight was the focus on the PUF also called the Professional Update Form. It is the brainchild of the Nursing and Midwifery Council Of Nigeria. The PUF was born as the Nmcn wanted to capture all nurses and midwives in Nigeria and have easy access to demographic data of nurses in our various states, zones and even outside the country. The councils representative who spoke at the event said that though they have the register for every nurse on record the council still needs to get the details of all current and active nurses.
Completing The Professional Update Form For Nurses
1. When you want to fill yours ensure you read the instructions in red, this would show you some important points to note before you start up.
2. Once there's a contradicting info between what you filled and what the NMCN has on their register, just like indexing, examination and registration applications, your PUF application can be rejected and returned to you to update and make corrections as needed.
3. A mail would be sent and/or text to inform you on the status of your PUF application.
On Making Errors and Editting Submitted Forms
1. The PUF is a one way direct form, this means that once submitted, you can not have any access to it again to edit.
2. If you need to edit anything on your PUF, you will have to send a mail to any of these email addresses below, State the problem and what you need to be added, the IT personel of the NMCN would add it up for you. NOTE, this is the arrangement on ground now till further deliberation and approval to grant applicants access to their forms for editing
The email addresses are:
All Nurses are advised not to call Mr Filade but instead send mails to the above email addresses. Same applies to any and all challenges or issues regarding the NMCN
This short video was created to assist nurses whom are having difficulty filling this form. Its pretty easy to fill and you dont need to pay someone to have them fill it on your behalf. Remember to share this video with your friends and colleagues: https://youtu.be/mqm0As33Z74
On Status Of Retired Nurses
The PUF also applies to all retired nurses in and outside the country, but they should pick "unemployed" when they get to section for employment.
On BNSc Not Found In The Form
The NMCN does not have an interest if a Nurse graduated from a university or from a school of nursing, that is a reason why the "BNSc" is not captured on PUF as the body (NMCN) is only interested in certificates issued by them to you for practice which include: Basic and All Post Basic certificates for qualifications
Adding all Qualifications on the form
If you have more than one (ie double, triple, etc qualified) please ensure you do add them all.
Nursing License And PIN
If your license doesn't come with a PIN or If the number on your license is not going through, you should try the number on your notification letter
The council advices all desk officers to design a form that looks like the PUF and send to areas where there is no internet access available to nurses. That way everyone will fill in details and someone can be mandated, mobilized to go to an area where coverage is to have it done on everyone's behalf such as was done in crisis prone areas like Bornu state and others.
Also All nurses must complete PUF before 31, Oct 2017 as License renewal, operation show your license depends on doing this.