Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Should we have auxiliary nurses?

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Auxiliary is defined to be helping, giving assistance or support, while

A Nurse is a person trained 'Trained' to give care to the sick

In as much there's a body who does/ certify whoever has fulfilled the required 'training' - Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.

A NURSE is a Nurse. If you are not a NURSE, it should not be used for such a person irrespective of the adjective used, e.g. quack nurse, auxiliary nurse....etc

Quack do preferred to known as a quack nurse.
An hospital attendant is preferred to as an auxiliary nurse

A 'NURSE' MUST have been trained and certified by the recognised body (NMCN).
Please, let's effect these Changes and properly call them by their proper Names. Ward assistant, healthcare assistant.
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Re: Should we have auxiliary nurses?

Quackery is deadly, those training them are heartless, lover of money more than life. Being a quack is tantamount to being a slave. A slave will never have a say. She can never earn enough to give her financial freedom and dignity. She may never know the reason for most of her actions.
STOP TRAINING QUACKS TODAY OR THE ROD OF THE LAW WILL FALL ON YOU VERY SOON. NURSING IS A NOBLE PROFESSION FOR TRAINED AND CERTIFIED PERSONNEL. IN AS MUCH AS YOU CANNOT STAND THE SIGHT OF QUACK DOCTORS DO NOT TRAIN OR USE QUACK NURSES, DO NOT CALL THEM AUXILIARY NURSES. IF YOU INSIST ON TRAINING OR USING THEM FOR SELFISH GAIN TO MAXIMISE PROFIT, LET THEM ANSWER YOUR OWN PROFESSIONAL NAME, NURSING WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT ANY PROFESSIONAL INSULT BY ANY MEMBER OF THE HEALTH TEAM. BE WARNED! !!

Olufemi Iseyemi Folakemi
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

WAR AGAINST QUACKS

Thr war has started and i hope we all join hands to fight.. Say No to Quacks", "your life worth more than GOLD,
RUN from Quacks", Believing in Quack is like commiting suicide", Unprofessionalism kills than ebola, run from Quacks".....

Let's post many of these Awareness Compaigh statements on social media; Facebook, 2go, whatsapp, bbm, twitter. Post everyday, educate people aroind you. Let's put them in graphics pictures, cartoons and many more.

Let the show begins........WAQ War.

God bless Nigerian Nurses.
marysanz
Reactions:
Years of practice: 5

Unread post by marysanz »

Actually a nurse is a Trained person to give care to the sick.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Lateef Oladimeji Yahya

Good day! Nursing is dyeing and our leaders are watching. It is quite pathetic spending 3years in school of nursing and five years at the university for those having bsc to start looking for hospitals to work with all these countless hospitals we have in this country.
The so-called auxiliary nurses are now outnumbering us and some private hospitals prefer to employ them because they pay them little money and this is reducing our chances of working even if one has not secured a gov. job. lmagine some selfish and hopeless doctors and nurses having private hospitals nd maternity homes, training some students who jst passed out from secondary school to become aux. nurses without considering the adverse effect on nursing. Doctors can never condone rivalry or hv u seen aux. surgeon before? u can't see. Even some male nurses who can do it will not want to try it. Let's look at the issue of anaesthetic nursing now, they are trying to wipe it out because they don't want rival, but the reverse is for us. We see them on the street on uniform with a cap that you cant even differentiate them from professional nurses and we professional nurses are looking at the profession drowning.
While we have Nursing Council and NANNM. I think they should both fight this antibody of our noble profession. Thanks
Nrs. YAHYA L.O
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Hilary Aibangbee:
The problem we have and that we are facing today is our senior leaders, N&MC & NANNM don't know their worth,how can they fight/eradicate this quack nurses when they are victims of it...Most of them have their clinic/nursing home were they also use/train this Auxiliary nurses,why do you think they have been unable to change the fin of #1000 of any body found wanty in training this quacks ??? Because they are also victim...The N&MC & NANNM National should set machines in motion to Eradicate this Quack Nurses from this profession...

I remember back then when I graduated from school of nursing and I went to a very big hospital for job hunt and they said they will employ me, after telling me what they will pay,the doctor took me to a hall and I saw so many Auxiliary nurses and the dr said to me that I will still be giving them lectures alongside my normal duties and I told the man that I don't need the job again,the dr was training a lot of quacks after taking money from them for agreement... They are killing this profession gradually in Nigeria, If we didn't act now,a time will come when private hospitals will no longer employ Qualified Nurses...it is well with Nursing profession in Nigeria.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

I know that most of you want to put on white so they can call you a nurse.
I know that most registered nurses have said one or two things to make you afraid or think that where are you gonna start from.
I know that instead of looking into all other fields in medical practice you are hell bent on becoming a Register nurse which has led you sitting at home for many years.
I also know that some auxiliary nurses are good in practical but can not defend themselves theoretically...
I know that we're in a country where discrimination and self esteem has overwhelmed our souls not even in medical field alone...

You can start from somewhere and get somewhere reasonable. Go to school.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic