N&MCN, NANNM News Release and Admission News
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Eradicating Quackery in Nigeria Nursing

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

What should we call this? A doctor training auxiliary nurses for 3 years and performing so call freedom for them as if they are training them for sowing clothes and giving them certificate, should we allow this to continue?
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Re: Eradicating Quackery in Nigeria Nursing

replies from facebook group.
Adeola Nafisat: That is what they do, after training them, they cap them,put on white uniform for a huge freedom allowance, employ them as a staff Nurse and they start bastardizing the profession. Have seen one that duplicate the certificate of a certified Nurse. Its one of the issue facing Nurses.
Olubunmi Lawal: This is has been happening for a long time. The right thing to do is to report such matters to the Nursing and Midwifery Committee in your state, of which the DNS is the chairperson, NANNM is also represented.
Ijie Courage: They are called auxiliary doctors because they are trained by doctors and can only still work with the doctors
Kizito Ebuka: I hate that called ''Auxillary'' ..the worst part of it is that they are bold to call themselves ''Nurses''.. None of them knw the rationale for procedures.
Sandra Onyedikachi Nwude: 60% of nurses in nigeria are quacks .. a place impossible is very possible. Before you all refer them as nurses not knowing they are not even well trained or registered. Which shows most of them are quacks even till today. And you see the most in private hospitals, I always call them nurses until I came to realize most are quacks. Wasn't a nurse a nurse then, so I cant tell
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Sussan Igwe: Permit me to say it as it is.

NURSES ARE COWARDS.
Including all of you here busy posting.
I will prove my point that nurses in Nigeria are BIG COWARDS.

The leaders in Abuja are worse than COWARDS . I Don't want to call them names because there is no adjective to qualify them.

1. You reading this is a coward because you have NEVER walked up to a doctor to challenge him on why he is training quacks.

2. It is you nurses who train the quacks in these hospitals.

3. It is you who teach the quacks nursing procedures which most doctors don't know.

4. You have never gone to court to stop them

5. You have never written anything in the newspapers against them but only bark on Facebook. Cowardice.

6 . You have never printed hand bills and go on the streets to share it telling the citizenry the evil of quacks.

7. You have never preached against it with megaphones on the streets.

8. You have never preached against it in your churches or mosques.

9. You have never taken it to the state assembly to make laws against it.

10. You have continued to work with them in the same hospital . Some of you actually give report to a quack and accept hand over report from a quack. What a shame.
You disgrace your license and education.

11. If you refuse to work with quacks all the hospitals and doctors that employ them will close their murder shops.

13. You have never gone on strike to force government to look into the matter.

14. You have never written the names of doctors and hospitals that use quacks to the nursing Council at Abuja or your state chapters.

15. You have never written the names of hospitals and doctors that use quacks even on Facebook.

If I say let us go to court how many of you will stand, contribute?
If I say resign enmass from all hospitals using quacks how many will listen?

If I say let us strike and go to various state assemblies and national assembly who will listen?

WE ARE COWARDS.

SO WE SHALL REMAIN THE SLAVES OF THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Obianuju Ekwomadu: If this is happening in your area call this numbers 08023513345, 08023107737, 08037164984
Olufemi Iseyemi Folakemi This is man's inhumanity to man. Training someone to render for you cheap labour that cannot bring about her own progress in future. A perpetual slave. Training a half baked unprofessional person to handle human life.
Training somebody what you yourself is not licensed to practice. No doctor is licensed to practice nursing except he has been to the two schools. Nursing and medical school and he is renewing both licences.

Training to pollute, misrepresent, and encourage malpractices in a noble profession. These are the the things Nigerian Doctors do and they have made health care system a stagnant sea till date. When you protect your own and bring down others, then, your own that your cherished and protect shall be destroyed. It is well with all trained nurses.l

This is man's inhumanity to man. Training someone to render for you cheap labour that cannot bring about her own progress in future. A perpetual slave.
training a half baked unprofessional person to handle human life.
Training somebody what you yourself is not licensed to practice. No doctor is licensed to practice nursing except he has been to the two schools. Nursing and medical school and he is renewing both licences.
Training to pollute, misrepresent, and encourage malpractices in a noble profession. These are the the things Nigerian Doctors do and they have made health care system a stagnant sea till date. When you protect your own and bring down others, then, your own that your cherished and protect shall be destroyed. It ñ well with all trained nurses.l

When money is what pushes them into the medical profession, they do all sorts of things to get it at the expense of human life. It is high time we educate the public the risk involved in using untrained, unqualified, unethical, unprofessional, cheap, selfish labour to care for them in private hospitals. The task force that cannot be enticed with money will soon land in your health facility. If you must open a hospital, use the right personnel, who can perform the right procedure. Nursing is a noble profession,it is not an artisan job. Do not teach what you are not knowledgeable in. Doctors can produce auxiliary Doctors but not axillary nurses. They do not have the basic knowledge to practice nursing. Stop misrepresenting the noble profession.
Olaifa Gbeminiyi : I SUGGEST WE NURSES SHOULD BE CALLING THEM AUXILIARY DOCTORS PROBABLY THAT WE MAKE THEM STOP THE STUPID ACT BECAUSE THEY ARE PROTECTING THERE OWN PROFESSION AND DESTROYING OUR NOBLE PROFESSION.N&MC SHOULD WAKE UP FROM THEIR SLUMBER AND ACT FAST.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Oluwatobi Olaojoyetan wrote:
Not everyone you see in white gown is a nurse!

Beware of auxillary nurses,

I mean the so-called 'quack-nurses',
They are deadlier than the dreaded EBOLA
They have infested our healthcare systems,
Lets detach from the grasps of these poisons!
Lets shun this quackery that has invaded our healthcare systems!
Together lets safe our future!
Chichi Asagwara:
Colleagues. As war has been declared against all quacks, let's post on our timelines decrying the role of quacks in our facilities everywhere. Raise the war cry and let the public know our stand.
Next phase, carry the war to their door steps. There will be casualties in form of friends we have known losing their jobs but there are always casualties in war time. They either go to school or look for another source of income.......or get arrested. Their choice.
Contact the Lagos State Health Facility Monitoring and Accreditation Agency that deals with such cases of quacks practicing in health institutions. Let's pepper them with notices and letters. The nursing profession in Nigeria is ready to move to another phase. If the persons in power responsible for upgrading the profession are not ready, we can sensitize them with out zeal. It starts from you and me. Aluta continua my comrades in arms!!!
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Essie Janet Uche: Yesterday Night I watched our the Nigerian ACTORS, ACTRESS, MUSICIANS, went out in Mass to Lagos State secetariat to Protest Against Pirated films like 30day In Atlanta, And one Musician Lamented that he did a video on 7th and on 9th he saw it on GOGE AFRICA.. He is Suing GOGE AFRICA. Can the NURSING PROFESSION take this ACTION?

Lets Choose a date to Meet at a particular Venue in Lagos, i.e if you are in lagos or near Lagos, Lets Say ogun State or Ibadan. We will all Converge there are troop to Lagos Secetariat enmass. Make Enough Placards.
Hilary Aibangbee :This is a nice move,but we need a lot of publicity first,every one of us should start pasting different post on this quack issues in our wall like Nur essie Janet is doing......one of my chief always call the portals in my ward doctors in the present of our doctors (the real doctors) in the ward...so one day the doctors got angry and said to the matron why will u be calling a portal a doctor; my matron replied them and said in your various hospitals you guys will be training different set of people and you will end up calling them nurses when they are not Nurses and not registered with the N&MC....so she told them why are you guys now angry that I am calling the portals doctors? They were all quiet and they left......I laugh and laugh and I told my matron that's a good one.so we need more spirit like that...
Patricia Makinde Good morning. Time to wake up.NO ONE WILL DO IT FOR US!!!! Don't blame your leaders, everything they fought for, i learnt, have been withdrawn through the back door. Ask King Olabode. Nothing was ever achieved by refusing to get out of your comfort zone. Come to think of it, only the determined ever get good results. Best of luck.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Joyce Adejinle Alonge: I had my B.nsc in Ghana and was opportune to work there for sometimes. but before I started the work, my friends and I tried applying to some private hospitals for part time work afterall we are registered nurses from nigeria but to my amazement all the private hospitals turned us down telling us the same thing which is " you are illegal nurses in Ghana and if we employ you, you will be working as quacks". We felt somehow The protocol is that we have to write the Ghana licencing exam to be able to get the licence to practice. (This is the same West Africa. )

Instead of private hospitals training slaves and "life takers" called "auxiliary nurses" Why can't we just copy our sister Ghana.
In Ghana its either you are a nurse or nurse assistant. Nurses in Ghana are either trained in Nursing training college (NTC) which we call SON in Nigeria. Or directly in the University. While the nurse assistant are also trained in the nursing college as a certificate nurse for 2 years in government approved institutions. They also do clinical rotations in government hospital, Either poly clinic or teaching hospital just like nurses do. Just that their ultimate role is to assist nurses in their care. After graduation they are referred to as Nurse assistant. The nurse assistant put on brown dress with a touch of green on it. While nurses put on green and white Or plain white depending on the rank. This is for easy identification. Nursing council and Nigerian Government can eliminate quackery using this idea. And impose a law against petty training of quackery. This is the solution I could think of in my own little way.

GREAT NURSES!!!! THANK YOU.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

AUXILIARY NURSES OR QUACKS?

People need to know that there is nothing like auxiliary nurses in Nigeria. The Nigerian constitution does not recognize or provide for it.

A registered professional nurse is one who went to either the school of nursing for a 3-year course or the university to study nursing. Both of them must also seat for and pass the licensing exam of the nursing and midwifery council of Nigeria. Anything short of this is false.

Will you ever see a quack or auxiliary nurse in the government hospitals? No!

They are found in the those mushroom and substandard private clinics and maternity homes owned by doctors and even qualified nurses where they commit various atrocities.

Any hospital or clinic that you find these so called auxiliaries is a fake hospital. They are only after your money.

As a patient it is your right to know the qualification of the person administering treatment to you. You can even ask to see their licences (they may have forged licences anyway).

Do not patronise the quacks. Let's get used to sanity. Do not patronise the 'auxiliaries ', you do so at your own risk. They are not registered professionals nurses. These are the people denting the image of professional nurses.

Anyone who trains and employs them is also a criminal. Report them to the police.

If you want to establish a clinic as a doctor or a nursing home/maternity clinic as a nurse, employ the registered professionals. Do not employ some ladies to start training them on the job to give injections, serve medications, dress wounds, and all that's illegal of them to do. That's criminal!

There is no government-approved school or learning center for the training of 'auxiliary nurses'.

Doctors and nurses (professional bad eggs) involved in this bad practice should desist. Stop training auxiliary nurses (quacks) in your closets (clinics).
Yet we want our healthcare delivery system to be like that of the western countries. Not with practices like this.

We are in an era of change.

Please share and broadcast this in order to eradicate this menace.
Matron Ben
Reactions:
Years of practice: 25

Unread post by Matron Ben »

My submission and solution about this issue quackery is very simple. The NANNM chairman’s of state and local hospital are more concern about what happen within their government hospitals and anything that happen private nurses in private institutions is not their concern, hence let propose a Nigeria Private Nurses Association affiliated to NANNM. This body will defend the interest of the profession and put a searchlight to hospitals practicing what is not nursing. Let see how we use Lagos chapter work or grow then we progress to other state.

What do you all think?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic