How To Renew Nursing License in Nigeria

Mandatory continuing Professional Development Programme For Nurses & Midwives
Forum rules
This page is STRICLY FOR NURSES POSTING, VIEW and COMMENT

Would you recommend a BS Nursing to a secondary school leaver looking for a viable career to pursue?

Yes
67%
No
33%
Depends on the reasons
No votes

Total votes: 3

Naijanurse
Support Nurse
Support Nurse
Reactions:

How To Renew Nursing License in Nigeria

Unread post by Naijanurse »

The requirements for Issuance of Licence are as follows:
First Licensing
Licence Renewal.JPG

Visit here to register https://licence.nmcn.gov.ng/Account
licence sample.jpg
licence sample.jpg (6.69 KiB) Viewed 11680 times
  • 1. Completed Licencing form
    2. Photocopies of certificates of registration
    3. Photocopy of certificate of attendance for Mandatory Continuous Professional Development Programme (MCPDP)
    4. Two (2) recent identical coloured passport photographs with white backgound
    5. Original Teller of Payment of Renewal of licence N13, 125
    Re-issue of lost document N10,937 per document
    Penalty for late renewal N6, 562 per year of default. for each year of default into Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria;
    SEE payment into Single Treasury account
    6. Original certificates for sighting
    7. Identification letter from the School of training
Requirements for Renewal of Licence:

Expired licence
  • Completed Licencing form
    Two (2) recent coloured passport photographs

Photocopies of certificates of registration

Photocopy of certificate of attendance for Mandatory Continuous Professional Development Programme (MCPDP)

Renewal of licence N13, 125
    Re-issue of lost document #10,937 per document
    Penalty for late renewal #6, 562 per year of default.

Payment into single treasury account

NB: For Nurses who are currently undergoing courses such as specialties and degree (Full/part time), MCPDP IS NOT REQUIRED. Simply obtain a written letter from your head of department and a stamped photocopy of your student identity card and attached it to your documents.

Nurses who are practising outside Nigeria and wish to maintain active registration status with NMCN only need a certificate of participation in Nursing related seminar.

Make payment into the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria Treasury Single Account via REMITA.

To make the payment, simply walk into any bank preferably First Bank and tell the teller that you want to make payment into the NURSING AND MIDWIFERY COUNCIL OF NIGERIA ACCOUNT VIA REMITA. You will be asked to fill a teller and the transaction will be completed within few minutes. You will be given a COMPUTER PRINTOUT and a TELLER.

You can however start the process at home. To do this simply go to http://www.remita.net/ and click on PAY A FEDERAL AGENCY. On the page type NURSING AND MIDWIFERY COUNCIL in the "Name of MDA" and wait for it to load.

In "Name Of Service/Purpose" box choose your desired service payment e.g license renewal, accreditation payment, Indexing, change of name etc.

Enter the amount, your name as it appears on your license and your email and phone numbers (optional). Then type the captcha in the box and click on PROCEED TO PAYMENT

On the payment page, you have the option of either paying online through your ATM card/Internet banking and through the bank.

If you choose the banking route, you need to copy the transaction reference number and write it on your teller.

Note that extra charges apply.
If you do have additional information or updates, do with us.
Nursing is not just an ART, it has a heART. Nursing is not just a SCIENCE, but it has a conscience
Naijanurse
Support Nurse
Support Nurse
Reactions:

Re: Renewal of License Information.-N&MCN

Practicing licenses are renewable every three (3) years, the current renewal fee is Ten thousand five hundred naira(N10, 500) only for three years, penalty of five thousand two hundred and fifty Naira(N5, 250) for each year of default. These fees are subject to review periodically.

REQUIREMENTS FOR RENEWAL OF LICENCE
Completed Licensing form.
Two (2) recent identical coloured passport photographs with white background.
Expired licence.
Photocopies of certificates of registration.
Photocopy of certificate of attendance for Mandatory Continuing Professional Development Programme (MCPDP).
Original evidence of Payment of N10,500 for renewal and penalty of N5,250 for each year of default on Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria’s platform through REMITA (TSA).

https://www.nmcn.gov.ng/renewal.html
Nursing is not just an ART, it has a heART. Nursing is not just a SCIENCE, but it has a conscience
Naijanurse
Support Nurse
Support Nurse
Reactions:

The Council's policy on change of name is as follows:

1 Change of name is allowed for married women only and this applies to change in surname only.
2 Addition or change of other names is not acceptable
3 Change of names for males is not acceptable
4 Only three consistent names in full will be acceptable for all Nursing and Midwifery Council Nigeria records.

Requirements for change of name:
1 Handwritten application for change of name
2 Photocopies of certificates of registration
3 Photocopy of Marriage Certificate or detailed sworn affidavit of marriage
4 Photocopy of newspaper publication in a national daily (full page)
5 Original teller of payment of prescribed fees of N5,000 only into Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria; First Bank of Nigeria Plc, Account Number: 2014179152.

Other condition(s):

If divorced: Divorce papers.
For widows: Death Certificate
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Re: Renewal of License Information - N&MCN

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Re-Issuance of Lost Licence

Requirements:

1. Completed application form
2. Handwritten application for re – issuance
3. Photocopies of certificates of registration
4. Photocopy of lost licence (if available)
5. Sworn court affidavit
6. Police extract (if licence is current)
7. Original teller of payment of prescribed fees of N5, 000 only into
Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria;
First Bank of Nigeria Plc,
Account Number: 2014179152

Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Sister Ngozi
Reactions:
Years of practice: 10

Unread post by Sister Ngozi »

Nice information. I will have to renewal next year.
Nursejobng
Reactions:
Years of practice: 10

Re: Renewal of Nursing License Information N&MCN

Unread post by Nursejobng »

It is common to find nurses practicing without registration and a license to practice in Nigeria. Last year during the “Operation Show Your Licence”, conducted by the Council, it was discovered that some nurses have been practicing for over twenty years without professional registration and practicing licences. So many nurses practiced with expired licences.
Attachments
Nursing-License-Licence-in-Nigeria.jpg
"Nursing is an Art of Critical Thinking and Caring".
Naijanurse
Support Nurse
Support Nurse
Reactions:

For frequently ask question, visit: http://portal.nmcnigeria.org/Faq/fees
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Renewal of Licence :The requirements for Issuance of Licence. Just got an update of penalty fee now is N5250 per/year, while of renewal fee is N10,500....
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Comments
Adedeji Adepeju Ajetunmobi: I hope it no longer takes ages for NMCN to issue eventually. And whatever makes them issue late,the licence should bear the date of issuance not the date of application
Well, I know that renewal is now N10,500. But the issue is with the unnecessary delay, in processing the renewals. At times, it takes a whole year or more, to release one's renewed Practicing license. It is quite disappointing. NMCN should intensity effort to improve on the standard of the profession.I mean, it's demeaning. - Theresa Okwuashi :

Theresa Okwuashi : We were told in one of our AGPNP'S AGM held in Warri late last year, by a representative of NMCN That the Council now have brand new and improved Machines that would make the job faster. Nevertheless, we are Still waiting for the effecting of their promise
Elebe Eugene: Our Leaders @ NMCN are just self centred, fighting to enrich their pockets. Imagine dt I Paid N21,000 to renew my License after 2years expirations; I was told dt d machine wasn't functional. I then bribed them with just N4,000 cos I seriously needed a viable license & believe u me dt it was ready in d next 2days. Meanwhile some of my colleagues sent theirs for over 18 months & its not yet ready. Why must one bribe NMCN's staff b4 they will render d services dt Govt pays them for. So unfortunate
Harmony Iheoma Why paying 5k+ for default and 10k+ for renewal?

What are they doing with the money?what they suppose to do they will not do,can u imagine that nursing that used to be 2nd in line is now almost at the bottom...the dietician, physiotherapist etc are now ahead of us and very soon the chew will also be ahead of us.

Why cant they give u HND after u must have completed ur basic nursing with an additional specialty?why cant our Bsc nurses stat with grade level 10 like our counterparts in medicine and pharmacy?why cant we stat the one year internship before NySC?of which others even those in biochem and even chews are doing?

Why cant they fight for the future?all they know is to extort money from peoples,does it occur to them that majority of these nurses are jobless while a greater number are working in privates where they were been paid 20k and some even less? where will they get the money from?

What are they doing with ALL these money?go to Lagos NMCN their environment is nothing to write home about,they are busy filling their pockets while pple are suffering...what do we benefit?? NOTHING!!! absolutely nothing? please my pple lets do a peaceful demonstration against these pple,they are not doing us any good...those in the civil service as soon as a kobo is added to their salary licensing fee high kens...is that a way forward?...No of course...these pple are greedy,old and sick...we need them out of that place.

Harmony Iheoma can u imagine i did the renewal course 2013 uptill now they have not given me the license and it will expire this yr ending...their excuse was that their machine is bad???can u bit that!!!they cant even provide their staff with what they need to work with????a WHOLE NMCM DO NOT HAVE A WORKING MACHINE!!!! they suppose to be ashamed of themselves!!! Renewal of license should be 5years with 6000 or less and penalty 3000 or less thats my opinion...and this their compusory course shouldn't be because its a waste of money,they arrange for a gathering together of nurses jst lik the lawyer meet yearly...it must not have tobe joined with license renewal..thats. my own opinion.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

What is d point of renewing a license when for over a year that l have renewed they still have not given me my license. It's only valid for 3yrs, and it's going to 2yrs now without my license. - Olukemi Salako Ogunkoya
Oluyemisi Latona: I did renewal of my licence in 2013 l am yet to collect it.The Nursing and Midwifery council has one excuse or the other to give. The collection date on my slip was May 2014 .What do l do. Great Nurses .
Locked Previous topicNext topic