Amazing Health Benefits of Bone Broth For Bone Healing

Forum rules
The information contained on this web site is for information purposes and is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Amazing Health Benefits of Bone Broth For Bone Healing

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

In Chinese medicine, one of the “secrets” of healing broken bones is to drink Bone Broth during the healing process. Most Chinese people know this and do not need a doctor to prescribe bone broth. Bone Broth as medicine was once part of Western medical knowledge.
Today, Bone Broth is now part of the “common-sense” that has been lost with the over-emphasis on drugs and surgery. In the clinic it is very common to see bones that are not healing properly because of depleted energy reserves, poor nutrition, and people not resting during the healing process. In these situations, Bone Broth is invaluable.

1. Hair, skin and nails.
The collagen and gelatin in bone broth supports hair growth, skin regeneration and assists in keeping your nails strong.

2. Gut health.
Bone broth can assist in the healing of a leaky gut. The gelatin in bone broth protects and heals the mucosal lining of the digestive tract and assists the digestion of nutrients.

3. Bone growth and repair.
The calcium, magnesium and phosphorus in bone broth helps our bones to grow and repair.

4. Infection fighting & recuperation from illness.
Homemade bone broth is excellent for speeding healing and recuperation from illness. You've undoubtedly heard the old adage that chicken soup will help cure a cold, and there's scientific support for such a statement.

Chicken bone broth will contain a natural amino acid called cysteine, which can thin the mucus in your lungs and make it less sticky so you can expel it more easily. Note that processed, canned chicken soup will not work as well as the homemade version made from slow-cooked bone broth.

5. Reduces inflammation.
The glucosamine in bone broth can actually stimulate the growth of new collagen, repair damaged joints and reduce pain and inflammation.

6. Promotes relaxation.
The amino acid glycine found in bone broth can be very calming, a great preparation pre-sleep.

As you can see, there are a wealth of reasons why you might start incorporating bone broth into your diet. The preparation of said bone broth however comes with a warning - be prepared for 2 to 3 times of pungent bone broth odours! I try and time my preparation for those times I am not expecting guests.

My bone broth recipe

Makes: approximately 4 litres (given how long it takes to prepare this broth I recommend making large quantities).

You will need:

3 kilograms organic bones (including some meaty bones)
4 carrots, roughly chopped
4 celery stalks, roughly chopped
4 cloves garlic, peeled
3 onions, quartered
1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
2cm knob ginger, sliced
1 small bunch parsley
1 dessertspoon pepper corns
1cm slice of fresh turmeric (optional)
Attachments
Bone-Broth.jpg
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.