How Nigerian Doctor Killed My Son- Sen.Jim Nwobodo

For non healthcare worker who wish to express opinion on nursing and hospital issues.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

How Nigerian Doctor Killed My Son- Sen.Jim Nwobodo

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Former Governor of Old Anambra State, Senator Jim Nwobodo yesterday narrated how his son, Dr. Ifeanyichukwu Nwobodo jnr died following the alleged negligence of a doctor. According to the Nation, He said his son developed pains in the legs and he was taken to a consultant oncologist at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), Enugu.

“My son was ill for five months before I knew about it and we were planning to go to India before we took him to the U.S. He was given a visa for two years because the cancer was at stage four, but they treated him. When he came back, his leg started to swell and he thought he should see a doctor and I advised him to see the best oncologist. It took us three weeks to see the doctor. Ön Friday – I was speaking with him three times a day – and he was to see the doctor by 5pm and between 5:30 and 6pm, I called him and he said he was with the doctor.

I requested to speak with the doctor but he said he was busy but instead of the doctor taking him to UNTH, he took him to his private clinic, where he had no equipment, no facility at all. I called him again and when I didn’t hear from him I sent him text and I asked the doctor to tell me why he gave my son injection that made him unconscious, he said he was sorry and that he was trying to resuscitate him.

I spoke with him by 6:30pm and by 7 pm he was dead. It is painful because this is something that would have been averted and I can’t understand why a dean of Department of Medicine should leave the hospital where he has all the equipment to go to his private clinic and I believe that is how some other people die.”
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.