My Nursing Plegdes

Matron Ben
Reactions:
Years of practice: 25

My Nursing Plegdes

Unread post by Matron Ben »

In the full knowledge of the obligation I am undertaking, I promise to care for the sick with all the skill and understanding I posses, without regard to race, creed, colour, politics or social status, sparring no effort to
conserve life, to alleviate suffering and promote health.

I will respect at all times the dignity and religious beliefs of the patients under my care, holding in confidence all personal information entrusted to me, and refraining from any action which endanger life or health.

I will endeavour to keep my professional knowledge and skill at the highest level, to give loyal support and cooperation to all members of the health care team. I will do my utmost to honour and uphold the integrity of the nurse.

Source:(Nursing and Midwifery council of Nigeria,2001)
ekunle
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Re: My Nursing Plegdes

Unread post by ekunle »

Before God and those assembled here, I solemnly pledge:
To adhere to the code of ethics of the nursing profession.
... To cooperate faithfully with the other members of the nursing team and to carry
out faithfully and to the best of my abilities the instructions of the
physicians or the nurse who may be assigned to supervise my work.
I will not do anything evil or malicious and I will not knowingly give any
harmful drug or assist in malpractice.
And I pledge myself to do all in my power to raise the standards and
the prestige of practical nursing.
May my life be devoted to service, and to the high ideals of the nursing profession.

COMMENT IF YOU PRACTICE IT
Health is wealth
ekunle
Reactions:

Unread post by ekunle »

I solemnly pledge myself before God and in the presence of this assembly, to pass my life in purity and to practice my profession faithfully.

I will abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous, and will not take or knowingly administer any harmful drug. I will do all in my power to maintain and elevate the standard of my profession, and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping and all family affairs coming to my knowledge in the practice of my calling.

With loyalty will i endeavor to cooperate with all other professional bodies in the world and to devote myself to the welfare of those committed to my care!

So help me God!!!

If you agree with this oath, type Yes, great nurses. :lol:
Health is wealth
ekunle
Reactions:

Unread post by ekunle »

I solemnly pledge myself before God and in the presence of this assembly, to pass my life in purity and to practice my profession faithfully.

I will abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous, and will not take or knowingly administer any harmful drug. I will do all in my power to maintain and elevate the standard of my profession, and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping and all family affairs coming to my knowledge in the practice of my calling.

With loyalty will i endeavor to cooperate with all other professional bodies in the world and to devote myself to the welfare of those committed to my care!

So help me God!!!

If you agree with this oath, type Yes, great nurses. :lol:
Health is wealth
Matron Ben
Reactions:
Years of practice: 25

Unread post by Matron Ben »

"Practical Nurse Pledge", a modern version based on the "Nightingale Pledge"

Before God and those assembled here, I solemnly pledge;
To adhere to the code of ethics of the nursing profession;
To co-operate faithfully with the other members of the nursing team.
I will not do anything evil or malicious and I will not knowingly give any harmful drug or assist in malpractice.
I will not reveal any confidential information that may come to my knowledge in the course of my work.
And I pledge myself to do all in my power to raise the standards and prestige of the practical nursing;
May my life be devoted to service and to the high ideals of the nursing profession.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Nurses' Pledge of Service

I solemnly pledge myself to the service of humanity and will endeavour to practise my profession with conscience and with dignity.

I will maintain, by all the means in my power, the honour and noble tradition of my profession.
The total health of my patients will be my first consideration.

I will hold in confidence all personal matters coming to my knowledge.
I will not permit consideration of religion, nationality, race or social standing to intervene between my duty and my patient.
I will maintain the utmost respect for human life.
I make these promises solemnly, freely and upon my honour. May God help Me.

Great professional NURSES!!!
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic