Nursing Inspiring Quotes & Tips

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Nursing Inspiring Quotes & Tips

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Nursing is one of the most exciting and in-demand jobs in the world today. The profession is known globally for having excellent wages and greater benefits. However, the idea that nurses are nothing more than a supplementary asset for doctors is just one of the many preconceived notions that nurses have been facing for years.
People often think that nursing is just an easier alternative to becoming a doctor. When can we escape from this? Probably not, and that’s beyond our control. But this irrational assumption has proved nothing through the years. It only motivated nurses from showing the world their worth and how much of a difference nursing makes.

So what can we do about this? Plain and simple. If you are a nurse, then you should wear the title with pride. Not many people are capable of doing what you do, and even fewer are capable of doing it with the charisma and passion you do it with.

Just always remember that we, nurses, are unique. We have the power to promote comfort and relieve strife. Many times we are gifted with the privilege of seeing rapid results of our caring actions. The true benefits of nursing are felt in our minds and hearts. No matter how hard we try, only a nurse can truly understand and appreciate the magnitude of our job.

Below are some of the greatest nursing quotes written by famous historical figures. Take time to read and experience the potential and influence of nursing through these inspirational quotes!

Your everyday practice is filled with assessments, documentation, planning, interventions, and evaluations. Then there’s patient and family education, medication reconciliation, communication with other healthcare professionals, and transferring and discharging patients. The list goes on and on. The point is that as nurses, our days are full!
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Naijanurse
Support Nurse
Support Nurse
Reactions:

Re: Inspiring Quotes About Nurse

Unread post by Naijanurse »

"Apprehension, uncertainty, waiting, expectation, fear of surprise, do a patient more harm than any exertion."
- Florence Nightingale
Nursing is not just an ART, it has a heART. Nursing is not just a SCIENCE, but it has a conscience
Naijanurse
Support Nurse
Support Nurse
Reactions:

"The character of a nurse is just as important as the knowledge he/she possesses."
- Carolyn Jarvis
Nursing is not just an ART, it has a heART. Nursing is not just a SCIENCE, but it has a conscience
Naijanurse
Support Nurse
Support Nurse
Reactions:

“What is a nurse? To go above and beyond the call of duty. The first to work and the last to leave. The heart and soul of caring. A unique soul who will pass thru your life for a minute and impact it for an eternity. A empowered individual whom you may meet for only a 12 hour period, but who will put you and yours above theirs...”

- Anonymous
Naijanurse
Support Nurse
Support Nurse
Reactions:

"Nursing care comes in many forms. Sometimes it is the ability to make someone feel physically comfortable by various means. Other times it is the ability to improve the body's ability to achieve or maintain health. But often it is an uncanny yet well honed knack to see beyond the obvious and address, in some way, the deeper needs of the human soul."

~Donna Wilk Cardillo,
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Re: Nursing Inspiring Quotes & Tips

Constant attention by a good nurse may be just as important as a major operation by a surgeon.
~ Dag Hammarskjold

Our job is to love people. When it hurts. When it’s awkward. When it’s uncool and embarrassing. Our job is to stand together, to carry the burdens of one another and to meet each other in our questions.”
~ Jamie Tworkowksi
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Being a Nurse, is a endless loving act of heart!
~ Anonymous

When I think about all the patients and their loved ones that I have worked with over the years, I know most of them don’t remember me nor I them. But I do know that I gave a little piece of myself to each of them and they to me and those threads make up the beautiful tapestry in my mind that is my career in nursing.
~ Donna Wilk Cardillo
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Nursing is a 24/7 operation that requires teamwork - do your best to prioritize and work safely & pass on the rest.
:lol:
Organize tasks by “must do” (within 30 minutes), “should do” (within 4 hours), and “could do” (before end of shift).

When the number of tasks to be done seems out of control, stop and take a deep breath, even a 5-second break can help!
Queenet
Head Nurse
Head Nurse
Reactions:

Unread post by Queenet »

Dear colleagues, you are smart, you are important, you are educated! Quit it with the subservient attitude and be the powerful PROFESSIONALS you should be. We are separate professionals, MDs are not your boss, they are your colleagues. Quit demeaning our own profession with your engrained lowly mindsets."

Also, stop saying "doctor" when you mean physician. Physicians are not the only doctors.

~ Sharon Hudacek
"Changing how the world thinks about nursing".
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

“Nursing is Sacrificing with and for Humanity!”
~ Anonymous
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic