Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Love a Nurse

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Love a Nurse.

I suspect it is hard to love a nurse. They get up early. They come home late and are too tired to cook. They work extra because they know there are sick people who needs them. They miss weekend events, holidays, birthdays. They don't get too excited over our minor "boo-boo".

They have seen far worse. They don't always want to talk when they come home. they have talked all day. They don't always want to move when they come home. They have moved all day. It may seem that they have left all their caring, their heart, and their love at work, then have come home to us empty. they probably have.

I guess it is hard to love a nurse, but know this: our nurse still needs our love. Needs our understanding. Needs to know that we "get it". Needs to be the one taken cared of every once in a while. Needs someone else to take charge of the details (PLEASE) because constantly doing everything themselves is exhausting. Sometimes they need their feet rubbed. They need a shoulder to cry on when they can't even tell you why they're grieving. They need you to do the hardest work you may ever take on, which is...to love a nurse.

I would like to thank those of you out there who love them and let us do this work, this calling, this life: Nursing
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.