Welcome to Naija Nurses Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content.

Aso Rock Clinic: Aisha Buhari Calls For Probe Of CMD

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Aso Rock Clinic: Aisha Buhari Calls For Probe Of CMD

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:23 pm

Aisha-Buhari1.jpg
First Lady and wife of Nigeria’s president, Aisha Buhari has called for a probe of the State House Medical Centre over poor health facilities in the hospital despite the huge budgetary allocation to it.

Mrs. Buhari who condemned the “lack of facilities” at the hospital during a programme in Abuja on Monday equally lamented the total or dearth of some necessary hospital facilities such as syringe, drugs and equipment needed for saving lives. She lamented that she wanted to do an x-ray at the clinic few weeks ago but was told the X-ray machine was not functional.

The call by the wife of the President for a probe on the hospital is in line with her husband, President Muhammadu Buhari’s drive to free every sector of the Nigerian polity of corruption.

Recall that ever since the administration of President Buhari who, upon election, vowed to kill corruption in Nigeria, so many high-profile corruption cases have been exposed with billions recovered back to the national purse.

Mrs. Buhari who spoke at the opening of a two-day stakeholders meeting on Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, Adolescent Health and Nutrition organised by her pet project, Future Assured in Abuja said the ongoing renovations at the clinic was baseless because the hospital lacked the equipments to save lives.

According to her, “Before I commence my speech, I’ll like to be realistic to say a few words concerning health in Nigeria and health delivery system in Nigeria. It’s very very very poor, sorry to say that. I am happy the MD of Aso Clinic is here, is he around? Dr. Munir (Dr. Hussain Munir, consultant cardiologist and the chief medical director at state house medical centre) or his representative? Ok, he is around.

“Ok Dr. Munir, I’m happy you are here. As you are all aware for the last six months, Nigeria wasn’t stable because of my husband’s ill health, we thank God he has fully recovered now.

“If somebody like Mr. President can spend several months outside Nigeria, then you wonder what will happen to a common man on the street in Nigeria.

“Few weeks ago, I was sick as well, they advised me to take the first flight out to London, I refused to go. I said I must be treated in Nigeria because there is a budget for an assigned clinic to take care of us.

“If the budget is N100 million, we need to know how the budget is spent. Along the line, I insisted they call Aso Clinic to find out if the X-ray machine is working, they said it is not working. They didn’t know I am the one that was supposed to be in that hospital at that very time.

“I had to go to a hospital that was established by foreigners in and out 100 percent. What does that mean? “So, I think is high time for us to do the right thing. If something like this can happen to me, no need for me to ask the governors’ wives what is happening in their states. This is Abuja and this is the highest seat of government, and this is presidential villa. One of the speakers have already said we have very good policies in Nigeria. In fact,we have the best policies in Africa. Yes. of course, we have, but the implementation has been the problem.

“So, we need to change our mindset and do the right thing. I’m sure Dr. Munir will not like me saying this but I have to say it out. As the Chief Medical Director, there are a lot of constructions going on in this hospital but there is no single syringe there what does that mean? Who will use the building? We have to be good in reasoning. You are building new building and there is no equipment, no consumables in the hospital and the construction is still going on.

“Going back to the same health issue in Nigeria, as a result of spending several months by the President outside Nigeria, a 40-year-old man who was still living in his father’s house, created a …. and that is a major set back for the country and the health sector did not benefit.”

Nigerian Nurses lighting up the world one candle at a time.

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Re: Aso Rock Clinic: Aisha Buhari Calls For Probe Of CMD

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:45 am

Pelumi-Bukunmi JesusBabe Benson
This is the height of it... If Aso rock Xray machine is faulty...
Aderonke Oshinubi
Abuja is still better than all other hospitals just pay an unannounced visit to any of the teaching hospital , mono tertiary hospital of Federal medical centre in the Nation you will see what is happening over there.
Lack of health personnel
Poor infrastructure if God will have it rain will fall during your visit you will now see the miracle in the health care in this Nation
Sorry ma manage the situation like that l am happy you just tasted 1% of what common man is facing
You should even be happy there was light and water in that place none in some hospitals for your information ma
Chinedu Anselem
In as much as the hospitals in Nigeria is being managed by the doctors and not hospital administrator,the trend in the Aso rock Vila will ever remain,& could be worse down the lane ....imagine

Tell me why govt hospitals at all level in Nigeria could work!
How could it work when the various heads of department in government hosp have their personal /private outlet or a referral centres where they collect their shares at the end of the month.

check out,90 percent of the private hospital are owned and managed by senior doctors in govt.hospital, I ask, can one serve two masters farely?

First lady should imagine what could be the nature of the tertiary hospital in Nigeria,they kill more souls that the terrorist org. ISIS and BOKO HARAM.

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Re: Aso Rock Clinic: Aisha Buhari Calls For Probe Of CMD

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:49 am

Dauda Braimoh First lady thank you for being sincere on this collapsing health systems in Nigeria generally. What is the way forward.? Discuss with our daddy PMB finding lasting solution to the deteriorating health systems
Aluko Ayobola
They should probe all organisation heads all administrators and governors all of them should be monitored and they should tell us what they do with all the allocations and votes
Marian Dami-Dami Omo'Mummy,
Just media stunts for the next election. So he really wants us to believe he was not aware of the poor management at these so called death traps masquerading as hospitals in Nigeria? The list of people that needs to be fired and charged with negligence, fraud and mismanagement is soo long.
Ene Odaudu This is what you get when the head is faulty.
Rifkatu Mandung Akinyemi
They are busy erect structures, contracting it to themselves, having their companies managing the maintenance departments procuring fake equipment , I think all the hospital also should be probe
Nicholas Udung
There is only personality i admire in this Government,And that is the president wife.
The only woman,whose husband position,has never change her perception about the truth and humanity.
A woman that can say the truth as it is anytime.
She has earn so much respect and win more fans,than any other first lady in Nigeria.
May God bless her.
That by the way,
Do we know that as at 2016,the budget for Aso Rock clinic was more than that of NEMA!?
Aso has 4billion
NEMA has 1billion.
I was on duty some where,when the daughter of a retire medical doctor,with Aso Rock Clinic was rush to my AE,when she had accident along Kaduna Abuja express.
When the man came,in,i expected him as a big shot to take his child to Aso Rock clinic,but he did not,later he introduce himself,and told me that,in Aso Rock clinic,as at then,you cant get PCM talk less talk less of good antibiotics,that no machine seems to work there,i now ask "how possible"?,the whole "Aso clinic"
He nod his head and said,he is part of this government,why should he run it down,by say the reverse,he said,if the clinic is in order,why should he bring his child here?
He told,me none of this big men,go in there for even BP check,not to talk of treatment.
That all the budget for that place,is use for ghost project,and over inflated workshop allowance,fake Training of staffs ETC.
When i discuss it with my colleagues,most of them took it personal,and said, am just criticizing the government.
Am very happy now,that the whole world has heard it from the first lady.
They by the way.
A scary diseases like Monkey pox,is ravaging and spreading in the country like wild fire,about 8 states and more are been affected,has any tentative awareness,briefing or any action been on ground?
Has there be any move by the federal ministry of health,to salvage the situation?
Come to some federal Hospitals,even with the scourge of this epidemic,that spread via body contact,Air,etc no soap to wash hands,no hand sanitizers,not to mention PPE.
Some hospital are making do with expired hand sanitizers, because the ones that were supply in bulk, during ebola, got expired as at, November 2016, and none has been supplied again.
Even when meningitis was ravaging, no supply was made.
In some hospitals, now, patients AE departments are not provided with gloves,to use,until a patient buys Emergency pack.
All personnel's in the AE are left to their own fate.
When you request, MD CMDs will tell you, there is no money.
I know alot of people will be angry now they will say am discrediting the Government.
Just imagine ,if this was the liza fare attitude displayed during Ebola, could we have suvived it?
Ekeocha Chinyere It is common in all govt owned hospitals in this country both LGA,state and tertiary hospitals,the situation is worst in these hospitals which are for the masses,they are nothing to write home about.madam,I suggest you pay an unscheduled visit to these hospitals and see things for yourself or the query should start from the health minister.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Social Media