Welcome to Naija Nurses Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content.

Omega Power Ministry Training Quacks (video)

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Omega Power Ministry Training Quacks (video)

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:22 am

Omega Power Ministry Pastor training killers and promoting quackery.

Nigerian Nurses lighting up the world one candle at a time.

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Re: Omega Power Ministry Training Quacks (video)

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:59 am

This video was posted on our Facebook group forum yesterday and nurses reacted bitterly to disgusting pastor claiming to be training quacks for is church.

Everyone has been pleading to nursing council to act fast on this matter.

Nigerian are presently angry with this ministry
Omega Power Ministries, (OPM) has allegedly churned out quack nurses through its three-week skills acquisition programme titled: society for safe motherhood.
In a video posted online, the quack nurses, all clad in white uniforms boasted that in less than three weeks, using the curriculum of the mother for safe motherhood, they had learnt how to assess the gestational age of the foetus, give injections and set up infusions, administer immunization, amongst other health services.

Addressing members of the church, one of the quack nurses who said she was an Accountancy graduate of the University of Porth-Harcourt without any prior medical training, boasted that through the primary healthcare component of the skills acquisition programme, all the trainees could perform growth clinic task activity

To further demonstrate her knowledge, she added that if a pregnant woman has amniotic fluid the foetus would not be able to lie well and would be floating.
On his part, the Founder of the Church, Pastor Chibuzor Gift Chinyere, said that the three-week nursing and midwifery training was sponsored by the tithes and offerings given by the members of church.
The tithe is not for you to buy planes and private jets. It is not for Pastor to build a very expensive school that the members that contributed to it cannot attend. The tithe and offering is to use it to help the less privilege, he said.

Meanwhile, a registered nurse and member of Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria who spoke under anonymity said that Council was aware of the viral video and the quack nurses churned out by the church, and was going to do everything possible to investigate and get to the root of the matter, as well as ensure necessary actions taken.
The OPM founder is aware of the laws, that it is the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria that has the powers by law to accredit Schools of Nursing and Midwifery to train Nurses and Midwives in Nigeria and also to licence them to practice.
We (Council) are putting modalities to handle the matter, please, nurses should be rest assured of the Council’s assurance in protecting our Noble Profession, the nurse said.

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:05 am

Where is our NMCN watching this church advertising quackery and proud of producing more in 3weeks?

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:31 am

copied from our group forum:
Princess Anuoluwapo Odusanya write:

GOOD EVENING MY PEOPLE, UPDATE ON THE TRENDING ISSUE.
NATIONAL FHI HAS TAKEN IT UP. MACHINERY SET IN MOTION IN PORT HARCOURT. FINDINGS----- THE SOURCE OF THE VIDEO CONFIRMED, LOCATION IDENTIFIED, REPORTS OF THEIR FINDINGS AND THE VIDEO FORWARDED TO HIGHER AUTHORITIES FOR NECESSARY ACTION. I WILL CARRY YOU ALONG AS EVENTS UNFOLD.
OPM TRAINING OF NURSES IS PURELY QUACKERY.

I want to assure Nurses of this Country that the Council is aware of the issue and we are going to do everything possible to investigate and get to the root of the matter and necessary actions taken.

The OPM founder is aware of the laws that it is the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria that has the powers by law to accredit Schools of Nursing and Midwifery to train Nurses and Midwives in Nigeria and also to licence them to practice. We (Council) are putting modalities to handle the matter, please Nurses be rest assured of the Council's assurance in protecting our Noble Profession. Thank you.

Zonal officer, South South, Port Harcourt

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:31 am

OPM TRAINING OF NURSES IS PURELY QUACKERY

Omega Power Ministry do the right thing , establish a proper School of Nursing or Midwifery and get it accredited by Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria .

RED ALERT: MIXING TRAINING OF "FAKE NURSES" (QUACKS) WITH RELIGION

The general public are hereby alerted to the training of quacks by a religious organization and proclaiming them as Nurses ; as well as unleashing them on the unsuspecting public.

Telling lies is not only unchristian - like, but christening quacks as Nurses is odious and a dangerous trend.

When the junk journalists who thrive on sensationalism feed on maladies perpetrated by these idiots, they will start screaming to high heavens that real Nurses are involved.

Please expose persons training quacks as Nurses so the long arm of the law can catch up with them. They are nothing but criminals

Stop using Nurses to gain recognition and legitimacy. If your Bible is not enough, please resign! God must punish killer fake pastors and "marabout men of themselves" calling themselves "men of God".

Your hell is being rekindled but LEAVE NURSING/MIDWIFERY ALONE and face your dubious calling!

Lateef Yusuf Mary

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:00 pm

Whoever knows the General overseer of this ministry should avail him of the impersonation act they are perpetuating. The present nursing and midwifery council of Nigeria and in each state have been empowered by the law to act decisively on any individual, group or persons running illegal training school for nurses. Nurses in such ministry should also advise their GO as they stand the risk of loosing their job, deregistered and expelled from practise due to any of connivance.

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:18 pm

Whatever the action of NMCN on this , it should be made public sir so others will learn.

Don't resolve it hidden and behind closed doors o

Infact I so wish that the council publish it on leading news papers and release a press statement condemning the act.we don't need any investigation to verify any thing sir
The video says of all . The video has nailed him? So what will council be investigating ? Wants to know if the one month school of nursing and midwifery is accredited by federal government or what?
Pls sir..the council should release a statement warning other to desist from such ,even Doctors in private hospitals.

Nursing council is too hidden from media view that is why we are being oppressed, we don't speak out at all . This quackery is getting out of hand. I want to see Nurses speaking in leading TV stations and media outlets . Nurses should move away from the hospital and be social , shuoo that is how we can rebrand ,let our voices be heard. Join politics if you can, NGO if you can e.t.c

You hardly see nursing leaders in fore front of TV station, you hardly see them on interview being interviewed , you hardly see them takg the rebranding campaign to the TV and media outlets.

If this was to be another field like medicine or law or pharmacy the news would have picked it and an interview carried out.
But nurses don't come out. Too hidden for my liking

When will the leaders been seen on channels TV ,NTA talking and condemning quackery , for Nigeria to hear? When???.. When??
I cry for nursing

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:31 pm

RE : PASTOR WHO TRAINED QUACKS AND CHRISTENED/CLOTH THEM AS NURSES AND MIDWIVES

NMCN Speaks Out On Omega Power Ministries

The Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN) in a memo sent out, following the public and vehement outcry by FOLGONM and Registered Nurses and Midwives across the country has responded to the Viral Video making the rounds about the Omega Power Ministry presenting some persons in white who the founder trained for "3 weeks" as Nurses to it's congregation.

Omega Power Ministry has her international HQ at OPM Close, off Eliozu road, Portharcourt and it's regional headquarters at No 9 Olutosin Ajayi Street, off International Airport road, Ajao Estate, Isolo LCDA, Lagos, Nigeria.

Find below the contents of memo :

OMEGA PENTECOSTAL MINISTRY (OPM) TRAINING OF NURSES/MIDWIVES IS PURELY QUACKERY.

I want to assure Nurses of this Country that the Council is aware of the issue and we are going to do everything possible to investigate and get to the root of the matter and necessary actions taken.

The OPM founder, (Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere) is aware of the laws that it is the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria that has the powers by law to accredit Schools of Nursing and Midwifery to train Nurses and Midwives in Nigeria and also to licence them to practice.

We (Council) are putting modalities to handle the matter, please Nurses and Midwives be rest assured of the Council's assurance in protecting our Noble Profession.

Thank you.

Signed
NMCN Zonal officer,
South South, Port Harcourt.

NOTE PLEASE

If the training you're getting is not from an accredited School of Nursing or College of nursing from a university ; home or in diaspora, then you are not QUALIFIED TO BE CALLED A NURSE!

IT AS AN OFFENSE PUNISHABLE IN THE COURT OF LAW!

NURSES ARE NOT TRAINED IN :

MEDICINE STORES

PRIVATE HOSPITALS

CHURCHES
NGOs OFFICES etc!

The INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF NURSES (of which Nigeria is an affiliate) describes a NURSE as a person who has completed a detailed program of basic, generalised nursing education in an accredited school or college of Nursing and is AUTHORIZED by the appropriate regulatory authority to practice nursing in his/her country.

In essence, if you are not Registered and licensed with the Nursing and Midwifery council of Nigeria ; which is the appropriate body here, then you're not A NURSE, irrespective of any training you had.

Parading yourself as a NURSE without the prerequisite amount to impersonation and willful desire to harm/maim/kill the Nigeria citizens ; which inevitably amount to wilful intention to commit murder : which is punishable under the criminal penal code of the country.

This post is just to enlighten the public that persons who wear white, take delivery, check blood pressure, give injections, owns a medicine store, owns a church are not Nurses except they are properly trained and licenced as such.

It is high time Nigeria populace begin to ask questions about persons who parade themselves as NURSES!

QUACKS ARE NOT NURSES!

HELP US RID LAGOS STATE OF QUACKS BY CONTACTING :

+234 802 351 7839, +234 803 078 2914

e-mail : info@folgonmlagoschapter.org.

Iamaregisterednurse

Iamlicensedtopracticenursing

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:17 am

Noble colleagues,your anger and feelings of humiliation to our noble profession is expected. Be rest assured it has come to the notice of NMCN and NANNM also at state and national levels. No stone will be left unturned. It's one of the opportunities we are looking for to clip the wings of humiliators of our profession
Additionally I think it's time we begin to know what we want. Do you know that such training can't be complete without a trained nurse/nurses and of course her/their certificate display. I stand to be corrected. Hytee Love
Ene Odaudu The video is appalling and so disturbing. May God save us from enemies within, am sure the trainers are professional nurses.

Kunle Emmanuel Thanks you we really want to know the actions of NANNM in the state

Pelumi-Bukunmi JesusBabe Benson Hahaha.... I almost fainted.... Aminotic fluid. Lord! how did Nursing get here. I have been crying since... Palpitations Who did this to my noble profession. Who can help us... NMCN you need to do something....Hahaha blasphemy... Nightingale wake up!

Ogunjide Oyesina Ayoyinka Samuel Just called someone also in NMC, she said they have machineries on motion.

Tokunbo Esther NMCN were only interested in money,some bad nurses were the one tranning them, so sad, God save the profession.

Queen Esther Naza So disgusting.. Quacks everywhere. Tomorrow doctors will employ them to come and kill patients. Imagine the nonsense they said about amniotic fluid.

Modinat Sunmonu-Adeniran Nursing & Midwifery Council of Nigeria with the collaboration of Federal Govt.will have to step in & eradicate this nonsense.

Okafor Chizzy Chizoba Oh my goodness, is this the journey to professionalism. Where is d NMCN, now is time to prove as watch dog.

Oluwafunmilayo Ojo NMCN, this is a slap to the profession.

Bolatito Adara Owolabi Really, what is all this. Is Nursing down or what.This is shame to NMCN.

Olubukola Oke-Akinyele He just displayed his level of ignorance in the public. Even the NGO in question and the educated illiterate students(a university graduate that thought shes now a nurse after 3 wks of "what is this? its an amniotic fluid"----lol) are not left out,telling them they are doing Nursing and Midwifery!!!! Yet to come out of the shock of this show of shame

Omobola Atinuke What is all this in nursing profession pls,where r we going

Funke Bakare
If Nursing council do not do something on this show of shame on our noble profession,all Nursing staff nation wide should down tools just as the medical officers are on strike nationwide

Pelumi-Bukunmi JesusBabe Benson Best option... I tell you. Thats how they will be saying they are working on the matter, yet nothing will be done. I am so weak right now

Funke Bakare Where is NMCN,with that exorbitant fees we pay to renew our license,To see this type of rubbish is highly nauseating.

Eunice A. Nwadike They are OPM nurses not and will never be Nigerian registered Nurses and Midwives. It's already written on their lips despite their claim to be graduates.

Filua Oluwakemi Yeah,Kudos to you and ur psychotic tutors who taught u amniotic fluid is pathological condition in a gravid uterus. Wish to see them so DAT dey can undergo ECT to have at least little sense.

Rhoda Ajayi-Aliu Nursing profession is now part of skill acquisition programme... so as they make soap,perfumes,beads,gele tying,make-up in 3 days,dey now learn nursing in 3 weeks......Please,nursing council should act fast and all d top officials in nursing.

Eunice A. Nwadike Their teachers are not professionals because even quacks knows the importance of amniotic fluid.

Ogunbamwo Alalade Duduyemi I pity Nigerians, imagine d no of people these quacks will mismanage & toil with their lives

Wunmi Olotu Oniye I'm flabbergasted. Ridiculous and annoying at the same time. Please those in PH should constantly update us on NMCN's action on the matter. Disgusting.

Yetunde Olaitan-Olasusi Disgusting.. Nursing and Midwifery in just a month. Na the amniotic fluid side weak me pass.

Maduka CJ Lol!! Abeg wake up wen this church will be SANCTIONED!!! BY NMCN!!! BOTH HOME AND ABROAD

Onwurah Odinaka Chika Hhhmmm....OPM.....Hhhmmm.....If you truly want to have OPM nurses/midwives, why not send them to Nursing schools or Universities and sponsor their professional training than to giving them this unprofessional training and make them believe that they ar...See More

Olufunky Oshakz So sorry and horrible. But isn't our NMC a toothless dog? I haven't read any article from the council in ages. Have I even read one? Their website sef will be appalling am so sure of that. Can one idiot be spitting rubbish like this about learning doctor to be a doctor or operate in one month? Nonsense. Bukola see your nursing we you say make i still stay put o. No regrets leaving abeg!

Adenike Talabi Obisanya Nursing and Midwifery council should move quickly to action, they are training auxiliaries, they are ignorant of the enormity of what they are doing.

Salau Yetunde Fauziyah Wonder shall never end... NNMCN won't see dis ooo.. Nursing and midwifery in a month... If a foetus have amniotic fluid,it won't make it to lie well.... Orisirisi...

Idowu Voke Iretor A nursing certificate can never be acquired in one month! These people are joker's as well as desperate quacks

Meseko Bunmi Amniotic fluid is very important and if present cam cause cord round the neck,prolong labour e.tc,can somebody help me ,who are this people,where are they from? Did i hear Nurse?oh pls

Adeleke Oluseyi In as much I love OPM,I must condemn this very act. A right step in the wrong direction. Anyone that is not licensed by nursing council is a quack. The right thing is to send them to nursing school or university accredited by nursing council

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:47 pm

Benja Osolife Uduka

The video of "Nurses for Dr Jesus" has been trending for the past few days.
The 2 responses we got from the almighty Nursing authorities were one from the Zonal officer, who claimed the council is aware of the program and are doing everything possible to investigate ...
The second response was from Comr Regina Kuru, NANNM Zonal chairman. In her words,

"l wish to inform all at this juncture that the video of the training of Nurses by a church in Port Harcourt that went viral on the social media has been promptly and timely addressed by the Rivers state Nannm /NMCN".

She further said that NANNM had a meeting yesterday (7/09/2017) with the General overseer of the church, the coordinator of the training who is a medical doctor, who works for society for family health, including the welfare officer of the church in the GO's HOUSE* to discuss the matter.

She continued "During the discussion we told them outrightly and frantically that the act should stop fourth with.
The GO apologized for all that has happened and also promised to us to refute everything on Sunday this week the same way it was done before and also stop them from answering the name nurses as we've instructed and not wearing our cap which is a symbol for our profession"

Is this really a child's play or what?
Is this case supposed to end in an apology?
Is this man and his accomplices not supposed to be arrested?
Why hold a meeting in his house?
What's so important about the cap? Is it the icon of the profession? What has this cap done to Nursing... Same cap used in dirty movies?
It is really a shame to be a nurse in Nigeria.

I'm really shamed.

Nonsense and OPM!
This is totally not acceptable. Our leaders should use this opportunity to a make strong media statement that will hence reduce or stop this quackery proliferation. This video is beyond parlor settlement or apology.
What do we learn from this incident reported? How do ensure it does not occur again in any part of the country? How do we create more awareness to the law enforcement arresting offenders?
I think the council can do better.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Social Media