The West African College of Nursing (WACN), a specialized agency of the West African Health Organization (WAHO) – an International Health Organization with headquarters in Bobo Dioulasso, Burkina Faso wishes to advertise for qualified and interested nurses and midwives in both Anglophone and Francophone countries of the West African sub region to apply for the award of Fellowship of the College.
Applicants should possess the following or higher qualifications:
- (i) First degree in nursing course from approved/accredited university with 5 years’ post qualification experience.
(ii) Masters degree or PhD (will be an added advantage), with 2 years’ post qualification.
(iii) Honorary Fellows of the College for conversion, who meet the criteria are eligible to apply also.
(iv) All applicants must be currently licensed to practice Nursing/Midwifery.
1. Applicants should download application form from the college site at www.wacn-online.com or collect form from the Secretariat or any of the WACN Chapters.
2. Applicants should make payment of non-refundable fee of $150 US Dollars payable to:
WACN account (To be provided to applicants on request from firstname.lastname@example.org) or from Chapter Chairmen.
3. A copy of the Teller/Receipt should be forwarded or scanned to the Secretariat email -email@example.com before processing of the application form which should be submitted with two recent Passport photographs and other stated documents.
4. In addition, applicants to the WACN Fellowship should have,
a. At least two publications in reputable professional journals to their credit. An evidence of a paper accepted for publication from a reputable journal may be considered.
b. They must have completed at least one health related research work.
c. Applicants should submit a 3,000 word-paper (research, education, practice) on contemporary issues in nursing and/or midwifery in their specialty area.
d. Four(4) copies each of items No. a, b, c, must be submitted spiral bound to the College Secretariat.
5. The shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a searching interview to be conducted by the College Panel of Assessors (Internal and External) at a scheduled date in November, 2014.
6. Results will be out by 31st December 2014
7. Successful candidates will each pay Admission Fee of Two Hundred US Dollars ($200) and an endowment fee of three hundred US dollars ($300) into the West African College of Nursing Account. All payments should be made before certification.
Certification will take place at the next BGM scheduled for March 2015 in Accra, Ghana.
Submission of application forms end July 31, 2014
Late submission attracts penalty
Submission of Research papers end August 29, 2014
Applicants should apply either online or contact the followings: