UI Best Graduating Nursing Student

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

UI Best Graduating Nursing Student

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Chidulue Ukamaka Annastasia was the best graduating student at the ceremony of admission into the nursing profession of the University of Ibadan for the 2012/2013 session, which was held on July 3. Victor Ogunyinka caught up with her and she spoke about her achievements.

How challenging was it for you to top your class?
It was very challenging, I must say, because there were so many competitors, and I mean very brilliant ones. As a student worker, I had to combine academics with my office assignment. I would say it was all by the grace of God. He is the giver of wisdom and I give Him all the glory.

Was your work related to nursing?
Yes, it was. You know I was already a registered nurse; I came into the University of Ibadan, via direct entry for my degree. So, I was working with my licence.

Apparently, the experience you brought from practising must have contributed to your success as the best graduating student

To some extent, it did. The good foundation I had, from my School of Nursing days, coupled with determination and dedication, not forgetting God’s grace, was an important contributing factor. I also believe one can be whatever he or she wants to be, once he envisions it, work towards it and with the grace of God, everything is possible.

What was your CGPA?

I eventually finished with a CGPA of 6.1.

Any distractions from the opposite sex while in school?

I never had time for that. In fact, when I left the department, even before lecture ended sometimes, it was straight to work; and as work permited, I attended church services too. The ones that made advances knew that I was committed to God and my relationship.

Any social engagements in school?
Yes, at least most of our Nurces’ Weeks were avenues for social acts. Aside that, I didn’t really have much time for socials, maybe because of work.

Where do you see yourself few years from now?

I see myself becoming a professor of nursing and being one of the positive change agents and key decision makers in nursing. And of course, I see myself also as a happily married woman with wonderful kids.

What does it feel like being the best graduating student?

It is like a dream come true. I feel fulfilled and very joyful. Thanks to God who made it possible.

Final word to the Nigerian youths

They should acknowledge God in all they do and always aspire for greatness. They should be diligent and committed in their works, put a touch of excellence in whatever they do, both academics and otherwise. Also, they shouldn’t stop dreaming, because the day you stop dreaming, you stop living.

There is no mountain one cannot climb. Impossibility is nothing before God. Be the change the country is looking out for through your actions.

Tribune
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.