Why all school of nursing in Nigeria should be closed down

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Why all school of nursing in Nigeria should be closed down

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

It is either all schools of nursing in Nigeria are closed or moved to them to the ministry of education and affiliating them to the university.

All other members of the health team are employed on grade level 10 but nurses are employed on grade level 8, conhess 7, they say we do not have degree, and since most Registered Nurses are from school of Nursing it is affecting those who did Nursing in the University, it is also affecting internship, when we have a uniformed qualification, we can easily and collectively fight for our right, any time nurses request for anything they hang it on the issue of degree, do you know that shift allowance for Nurses is 30%of basic, while other members of the health team are on call allowance because of degree and are being paid 100%of their basic, you as the nurse will be the one to wake them up, remind them and run after them to do their job, while they are sleeping you are on the ward watching patient, they all come and leave the ward but the nurse stays on the ward 24/7, we must all get that degree and get what other members of the health team are getting.

I am presently on night duty, I had to wake the doctor on call and stood my ground before anti hypertensives was recommenced for a patient with CVA, I woke the laboratory scientist up 3 times for a diabetic patient on sliding scale, though I was sending the health assistant, at the 3rd time I had to warn the doctor and the laboratory scientist right in the presence of patients on the ward that whom among members of the health team wake, remind or run after nurses before we do our job the patients echoed none of them "as they were all a living witness to each time I was sending for them, I changed my patient's perception of doctors do it all to Nurses are the one doing the job, when am leaving in the morning, they do ask hope am still coming in the night, the way forward in our own little way is furthering our education, let every nurse get Dnsc and I know heaven will help us .Amen.

Join in the pettion WORK IN LINE WITH INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS TO MOVE SCH OF NURSING FROM THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH TO MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND WORK WITH THE NATIONAL UNIVERSITIES COMMISSION(NUC) TO PROVIDE CURRICULUM FOR BRIDGING PROGRAMMES FOR REGISTERED NURSES TO EARN BNsc.

https://www.change.org/p/nursing-and-mi ... src-no_msg
Attachments
fumi.jpg
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:
Years of practice: 20

Re: Why all school of nursing in Nigeria should be closed do

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel »

Move School of Nursing to Ministry of Education Now on the link below.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1026

Funmilayo Sodunke Oderinde :Do not forget that only doctors are employed on grade level 12 which is Conhess 11, corpers who are doctors receive salary on grade level 12, house officers are on grade level 10 step 4 which is conhess 9 step 4 or Conmess 1 step 1 (conmess is medical salary scale for doctors only) while conhess is for other members of the health team.
Together We Light Up The Profession one candle at a time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic