Welcome to Naija Nurses Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content.

Do student nurses need role models?

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Do student nurses need role models?

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:06 pm

Is it important to have role model for you to become a “good” nurse?

Having a bad role model wasn’t damaging in itself -there were these two nurses one would wanted to be like. One who saw nursing as something she did when she had to in order to pay the bills, or one who had patience, excellent communication skills and an awareness of just how much knowledge nurses need to have in order to keep patients safe. The second became a role model from day one of the placement in the ward, she make us make me explain to patient the purpose of every drug I administered, its side effects and why this drug was likely to have been prescribed and I gained so much more.

So our Christmas competition this year isn’t aimed at rewarding student nurses. This year, we’re rewarding the role models who do more than they probably realise to enhance students’ learning.

We therefore want student nurses to nominate anyone who has gone the extra mile to make them a better nurse.
Post their contribution here on this thread and we would send them a recharge cards for Christmas.

Mention your name

The Name of Nurse you are nominating.

A little description of how she has made you a better nurse.

Nigerian Nurses lighting up the world one candle at a time.

Kunle Emmanuel
Webmaster
Webmaster
Reactions:

Re: Do student nurses need role models?

Unread post by Kunle Emmanuel » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 pm

I want to share this my experiences with you my fellow professionals;my elder sister is my mentor in this profession Mrs H A Okedo, a retired Director of nursing services Anambra state and presently the secretary of west African college of nursing.

When she was in service,whenever i come visiting , she normally tells me ''philomena go and read you will regret in nursing; I felt it does not matter,until I attended a workshop in 2005 at choice hotel, Awka that was planned by state NANNM ,where, i saw one Dr Mrs Chika Ugochukwu spoke on a topic, i went home determined to do something. The final one that broke the carmels back was another workshop i attended at U. I on infection control and it was an international conference. I saw how those graduate nurses were carrying themselves with dignity. Coming back i stepped out and today, i am telling the young ones to do something and is just the beginning in the profession .

There are polices that govern civil service commission in Nigeria, these can not be changed because we are nurses. Let us be reasonable.

Philomena Ngozi
Nigerian Nurses lighting up the world one candle at a time.

ivannaeden
Reactions:

Unread post by ivannaeden » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:29 am

I think an educator, and in addition any grown-up in a tyke's life, ought to be included. Once in a while as educators we know about circumstances or sentiments that won't not be shown at home.

jacksonjack
Reactions:

Unread post by jacksonjack » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:23 am

most students nurses attendants, I learnt direct what a poor good example resembles. On a group situation, I was appointed a coach who might much of the time reveal to her partners she was in gatherings however rather meet her companions for long snacks, visit her girl or go shopping. Tolerant care appeared far down her rundown of needs. Well! I would like to present you my work Hire Paper Writer please tell us what you think about them

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Social Media